“Very nice place”
Review of University Inn

University Inn
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was clean, reasonably sized, and featured a small kitchen with all the basic necessities. Staff was friendly. It was located within walking distance of University of Minnesota, which was really good for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello jbruun,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I'm glad you found our location to be convenient for your visit to Minneapolis. Our staff prides itself on our friendly, professional service and it's nice to be recognized by our guests. We really appreciate your comments!

There are newer reviews for University Inn

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed one night at the university inn and found it to be just as it is represented in the website pictures. The rooms are no frills, but comfortable, clean and everything you really need is available. The staff is exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Also, there is decent coffee available, good snacks, a little work out room, and laundry. I also loved that I could actually open up the window in my room. I'm not a fan of air conditioning but love fresh air and appreciated the screen as well. The location is great - right in dinkytown and on the university campus, you are also within walking distance of the stone arch bridge which will take you across the Mississippi River. I would definitely stay here again if I return to minneapolis and don't want to blow my budget on hotel stay but want the friendliness and decent basics.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah M
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hello Sarah M,

What a delightful review! I'll make sure your compliments are passed on to our whole team. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed for two weeks in July, 2014. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room noise from next door was noticeable but I blame the rambunctious people - not the Inn's fault. Laundry on site was a great feature. Small gym, no pool. I would stay there again, no question.

Room Tip: For quiet, choose room on opposite side of the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Jonathan H,

Thank you for reviewing the University Inn on TripAdvisor! I really appreciate your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. The folks next door must have been "rambunctious" indeed for you to hear them through our concrete walls - I hope they didn't disturb you too much, and if you do stay again please don't hesitate to contact the front desk if another guest is being unreasonably noisy and we'll definitely address the situation. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night because it was close to my daughter's apartment and less expensive than most places.
Comfortable bed, everything was very clean. There was a well equipped kitchen that I didn't use. But I did avail myself of the free cappuccino in the lobby! A nice place

• Stayed: July 2014
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello GenevaGeneva,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night and recently had friends from Denmark stay here twice. We all enjoyed the Inn. The staff is great--helpful, courteous, friendly. The rooms have two fine queen beds in them, along with a complete kitchenette which we did not use, but would be great for a longer stay. These rooms were extremely quiet and we had a restful night's sleep. It has easy access to the university just down the street and I 35W. While there are classier places in Minneapolis, this place is just great.

Room Tip: As near as I can tell the rooms are all good. If you want to be sure of quiet as for a room on the n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hello Doc619,

Thank you so much for a very kind review! I'm glad your stay with us was restful and pleasant, and thank you for inviting your Danish friends to stay with us too. I hope you'll all visit us again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have a lot of family in Minnesota. We were attending a bridal shower for my niece and my daughter booked the University Inn. What a pleasant surprise. A nicely equipped kitchen with a large refrigerator, toaster, microwave, and cooking surface. The hotel was very clean and comfortable! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Donna D,

Why thank you! We think you were an awesome guest! We really appreciate feedback, thank you so much for taking time to write a nice review about the University Inn. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My girlfriend & I brought my daughter up to a debate camp at the University of Minnesota and booked a room there for one night. we found the rooms to be clean, comfy, nice big bathroom and a full kitchen. The coffee machine was awesome in the front lobby and ground the coffee beans for each cup, best coffee I have ever had from a self service machine! Nice laundry room in the basement as well. I would stay there again for sure!

Hello Lenny S,

Thank you so much for your great review! We enjoyed serving you as our guest, and I'm especially pleased you enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the lobby. I hope you will have an opportunity to visit again, we look forward to serving you and your family.