“A great choice for us!”

Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Naperville, Illinois
“A great choice for us!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We are retired, frequent travelers; and are always on the lookout for clean, comfortable, reasonably priced places to stay. I don't normally write reviews, as most places are pretty much what you'd expect, and are for the most part "forgetable". However, I think the University Inn is worthy of mention. Our room was clean and comfortable with a kitchenette. The staff was friendly and VERY helpful. I highly recommend the University Inn; I don't think you will be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Hello BigEvans,

What a nice review! I really appreciate your kind comments - especially considering your statement that you "don't normally write reviews", I'm honored that our hotel and it's team made a strong enough impression to inspire you to write this one! Thank you very much!

Joe McCurdy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Location was convenient for campus and Dinkytown access on foot. The most impressive amenity was the cleanliness, friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary lattes, coffee, and hot cocoa in the lobby!! Rooms are spacious, updated, and very comfortable. Amazed at the full fridge and kitchen equipment in our room! Easy public transportation access to airport and Mall of America. Quiet and safe. I would DEFINITELY recommend staying at the University Inn and hope to be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Jean H,

Wow, thank you for a very nice review! I'll make sure to tell the housekeeping staff you appreciate their efforts, I know they take a great deal of pride in keeping our hotel clean. I'm glad you enjoyed the free coffee too, and I'm pleased to report that the free coffee service (introduced in February) has gone so well that we're upgrading our machine and adding some new beverage options! Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not only do these rooms come with a full fridge, stovetop, and sink, but they also provide a few dishes, dishsoap, and a dish towel. Everything is very clean and comfortable. It was also quiet even though it is on a busy street. The staff was very friendly. When I came in, all the desk attendants were busy on the phone helping other guests, but both quietly assured me that I would be helped shortly. The price can't be beat. Most hotels do not have a fridge or any other handy features and are twice the price. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello Jo N,

Thank you so much for a delightful review! I really appreciate your kind comments, and I'm pleased to read of our Front Desk team's professional response to being busy. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Charlotte
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My hubby and I loved our room at University Inn! It was convenient to the downtown area and in a safe part of Dinkytown near the UMinn campus.

Nadia, the front desk manager, was so helpful and made us feel comfortable.

Thanks for a great 2 night stay!

• Stayed July 2014
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hello iamsunnysideup,

Thank you so much for your kind review! Nadiya is a credit to our team, and she was really happy to be mentioned in such a nice way. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Saint Peter, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed two nights for a weekend away August, 2014. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was safe and convenient to NE MSP craft breweries, St. Anthony Main Street, Nicollet Island, Stone Arch Bridge and downtown. Parking was included and easy. Room was clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed. For being next to and facing I-35W, room was remarkably quiet.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Jeff D,

Thank you for your very nice review! We really appreciate your feedback and I also enjoyed reading through your other TripAdvisor reviews of nearby restaurants and entertainment - It seems you had a fun weekend! We hope to see you again soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was clean, reasonably sized, and featured a small kitchen with all the basic necessities. Staff was friendly. It was located within walking distance of University of Minnesota, which was really good for me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello jbruun,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I'm glad you found our location to be convenient for your visit to Minneapolis. Our staff prides itself on our friendly, professional service and it's nice to be recognized by our guests. We really appreciate your comments!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed one night at the university inn and found it to be just as it is represented in the website pictures. The rooms are no frills, but comfortable, clean and everything you really need is available. The staff is exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Also, there is decent coffee available, good snacks, a little work out room, and laundry. I also loved that I could actually open up the window in my room. I'm not a fan of air conditioning but love fresh air and appreciated the screen as well. The location is great - right in dinkytown and on the university campus, you are also within walking distance of the stone arch bridge which will take you across the Mississippi River. I would definitely stay here again if I return to minneapolis and don't want to blow my budget on hotel stay but want the friendliness and decent basics.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah M
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello Sarah M,

What a delightful review! I'll make sure your compliments are passed on to our whole team. Thank you so much!