“Great Place to stay when in this area!”
Review of University Inn

University Inn
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great place with lots of character. Very clean, great staff. We will surely go back when we are in the area. The staff was very helpful in suggesting means of transportation and finding a breakfast restaurant. She even looked up the menu on the computer for us!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Hello CAC53,

Thank you very much for your nice review, I'm proud of the service our team provides to each of our guests and I'm glad you found our efforts helpful. We're looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We are retired, frequent travelers; and are always on the lookout for clean, comfortable, reasonably priced places to stay. I don't normally write reviews, as most places are pretty much what you'd expect, and are for the most part "forgetable". However, I think the University Inn is worthy of mention. Our room was clean and comfortable with a kitchenette. The staff was friendly and VERY helpful. I highly recommend the University Inn; I don't think you will be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello BigEvans,

What a nice review! I really appreciate your kind comments - especially considering your statement that you "don't normally write reviews", I'm honored that our hotel and it's team made a strong enough impression to inspire you to write this one! Thank you very much!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Location was convenient for campus and Dinkytown access on foot. The most impressive amenity was the cleanliness, friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary lattes, coffee, and hot cocoa in the lobby!! Rooms are spacious, updated, and very comfortable. Amazed at the full fridge and kitchen equipment in our room! Easy public transportation access to airport and Mall of America. Quiet and safe. I would DEFINITELY recommend staying at the University Inn and hope to be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hello Jean H,

Wow, thank you for a very nice review! I'll make sure to tell the housekeeping staff you appreciate their efforts, I know they take a great deal of pride in keeping our hotel clean. I'm glad you enjoyed the free coffee too, and I'm pleased to report that the free coffee service (introduced in February) has gone so well that we're upgrading our machine and adding some new beverage options! Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not only do these rooms come with a full fridge, stovetop, and sink, but they also provide a few dishes, dishsoap, and a dish towel. Everything is very clean and comfortable. It was also quiet even though it is on a busy street. The staff was very friendly. When I came in, all the desk attendants were busy on the phone helping other guests, but both quietly assured me that I would be helped shortly. The price can't be beat. Most hotels do not have a fridge or any other handy features and are twice the price. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Jo N,

Thank you so much for a delightful review! I really appreciate your kind comments, and I'm pleased to read of our Front Desk team's professional response to being busy. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My hubby and I loved our room at University Inn! It was convenient to the downtown area and in a safe part of Dinkytown near the UMinn campus.

Nadia, the front desk manager, was so helpful and made us feel comfortable.

Thanks for a great 2 night stay!

• Stayed: July 2014
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello iamsunnysideup,

Thank you so much for your kind review! Nadiya is a credit to our team, and she was really happy to be mentioned in such a nice way. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed two nights for a weekend away August, 2014. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was safe and convenient to NE MSP craft breweries, St. Anthony Main Street, Nicollet Island, Stone Arch Bridge and downtown. Parking was included and easy. Room was clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed. For being next to and facing I-35W, room was remarkably quiet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi Jeff D,

Thank you for your very nice review! We really appreciate your feedback and I also enjoyed reading through your other TripAdvisor reviews of nearby restaurants and entertainment - It seems you had a fun weekend! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was clean, reasonably sized, and featured a small kitchen with all the basic necessities. Staff was friendly. It was located within walking distance of University of Minnesota, which was really good for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello jbruun,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, I'm glad you found our location to be convenient for your visit to Minneapolis. Our staff prides itself on our friendly, professional service and it's nice to be recognized by our guests. We really appreciate your comments!