“Top notch Hotel”
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 1 May 2014

These people go out of their way to make you happy and to make sure you have everything you need. I had forgot some toiletries and they made sure I had them right away. I wanted to bring home something from Minnesota for my granddaughter and they had no problem taking me to the store, at night, before they closed. I was there for a business trip and didn't have the need to rent a car as I would be in meetings all day. It was a most pleasant stay there. And a big thank you to Gradient brokerage for making those arrangements for me.
Oh I forgot to mention, they have a wonderful breakfast every morning.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. However, I did enjoy looking out the window and seeing snow o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Wow! This is the type of review I love to read. Thank you for taking the time to write it! We always encourage our employees to go above and beyond for our guests so I was so happy to hear that you felt our team members went out of their way to make you happy. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

John E. Luke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had tickets for a performance at Orchestra Hall. I checked a map, looking for something within walking distance. Hiltom Minneapolis was across the street. Also within sight of the Convention Center, and lots of other downtown locations.
The bed was excellent. The breakfast buffet was well above average. The restaurant manager made recommendations from the buffet that were spot on.
The main thing was that all employees went out of their way to be polite and accommodating. There was a noisy group out in the hall late at night. I called the front desk, and the problem was immediately dealt with.
Overall-a great experience. We will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing this review and for all your nice comments! We have recently revamped all of our guest rooms and also made changes to the restaurant, so I am glad to hear you had very positive experiences with both of those. I was also happy to hear that we were able to resolve the noise in the hall immediately and that all employees were polite and accomodating. We are looking forward to providing the same level of hospitality upon your next return.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

If you yearn for the 70's, the lobby of this hotel is for you. It is like a time warp. Fortunately the rooms have been nicely updates and the hotel halls as well.

This Hilton is a large hotel. The night I spent there, the hotel was hosting what seemed like thousands of noisy guests attending a volley ball tournament.

There was a long check in line with not much friendly welcome at the front desk. Once I got to the desk, my processing was efficient.

On the positive side, my room was nicely furnished, I could print out my boarding pass in the lobby and the location is excellent for business in downtown.

And there is that classic 70's lobby...

Room Tip: Make sure you are assigned a renovated room.
1  Thank InTheMomentManhattan

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. All feedback is important to us and we greatly value your opinion. I'm glad you enjoyed your newly renovated room and found our lobby to be helpful with your travel needs. I would like to apologize for your checkin experience, which was not up to our high standards of caring for, valuing and respecting every guest. I will share your experience with our Director of Front Office and team members. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. If you have any further comments please do not hesitate to call me directly at (612) 397-4800.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Used the Hotel becase I was participating in a seminar at Hotel Hilton. I like the rooms and the view. Staf was great as always. I have stayd there about 20 times during th last 20 years. It is fairly Close to Light rail and buses.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you so much for your repeat business and great review! I am happy to hear that we have been able to consistently meet your hotel needs over many years. We are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The entrance to the hotel was very inviting. Much going on with different stations all thru out the lobby. Enjoyed the fact the bar area with all their flat screens and seating overlooked the lobby. The rooms were comfortable (I did notice that the air vent above the tub needed cleaning) but all else was very clean and up to date. Would stay again if ever come back to Minneapolis

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have recently made some changes in the restaurant, including the addition of our Around the World Pizza Menu, so it is good to hear that you enjoyed it. We are looking forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Minneapolis.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hilton Minneapolis is unlike contempopary hotels as it still keeps the charm of decades past. The mezzanine floor and elevators attest to this. And so does the dining area. Still, the hotel tries to maintain the upkeep of its facilities especially their rooms. The breakfast spead is generous and the location of the hotel convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It sounds like you enjoyed one of our newly enhanced guest rooms! We've added refrigerators to all rooms, upgraded to 52 in TVs and created a lighter, brighter color scheme for a modern atmosphere. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast. I will share your comments with the team, thank you again for writing this review as we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

was upgraded to the Exec floor where there is a centrally located lounge with your expected amenities and services. rooms had turn down service. Location is great for downtown exploring and if weather is not permitting then you have the real luxury of walking most of the city through the skywalk, which if you have ever been to minneapolis in the winter is a HUGE benefit. would stay again fro sure

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear that we were able to upgrade you to an Executive Level room and that you enjoyed the accompanying lounge and amenities. Also, I am happy that you found our Skyway connection helpful - I too appreciate it during those harsh weather months. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review, we are looking forward to welcoming you next time you return!