“Clean Updated Room, Food Average.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Clean Updated Room, Food Average.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in one of the "allergen-free" rooms. The room was clean and updated. The bedding was nice. The in-house restaurant "Skywater Lounge" does not have a very big menu and the food is below the quality of what you would expect from a nicer hotel. The hotel and restaurant staff were friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and friendly staff, but disappointed by your "average" experience in our restaurant. We recently expanded our offerings, adding a chef inspired pizza menu to accompany our entrees, sandwiches, salads and sharing plates that are getting many compliments. I would love to speak with you and gain more detail on your experience in our restaurant; please call me at your earliest convenience. My direct line is (612) 397-4800, I look forward to speaking with you.

John E. Luke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Dallas Center, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed during a convention for work. The location is great for having quick and easy access to some great places to eat and drink in the city. There is also a nice bar in the hotel. Our company had some meals catered by the hotel. The hotel staff was very kind and professional, although the food was marginal at best. The hotel was very clean and very well maintained. At night, there were a few nights I came back to the hotel rather late, but I do not recall any night that there were not at least one hotel staff person outside and it being very well lit and seemingly safe. The day of my checkout, they had a courtesy bag check areas to hold by baggage but the man checking bags did not seem to like his job very much at all. All in all, a great stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our SWL bar, convenient location and found our staff to be kind and professional. I look forward to passing your comments along to the team and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Goodland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Room was not very clean. Food items and lots of debris from previous guest were left behind. For price of this type of room and reputation of the Hilton, I would expect room to be considerably cleaner. Very disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Tina C
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; we are grateful for all the feedback we receive. I would like to apologize for the state of your room. We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously. Our team members go through extensive training to assure our high standards are met and exceeded. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that my Director of Housekeeping may turn this into a training opportunity. As our guest, we want to make you feel cared for, valued and respected; again, I apologize that our service was not up to those standards. I would also like to follow up with you personally. Please call me at your earliest convenience, (612) 397-4800.

Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed in Hilton Minneapolis for a week for business purposes. The hotel is located in Downtown Minneapolis in a relatively old building facing a noisy street without soundproof windows. I did not get any sleep. Housekeeping was very nice but they did not clean, I had a piece of broken glass for the entire week on the floor at my door. Windows were super dirty. Wardrobes smelled terribly. Unknown yellow liquid leaking from the iron. Staff was very helpful and kind. Good wifi connection in the lobby. Many restaurants and bars nearby. Very easy to reach the airport.
The entire place would need some renovation, I guess. In retrospect, there were much better hotel deals in Downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Korbala
Thank you for your comments and bringing your experience to my attention. We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously; please accept my sincere apologies. I was glad to read that you found our staff helpful and kind and enjoyed the complimentary WiFi in our lobby. However, I was disappointed to hear about your housekeeping issues. I will be sharing your review with my Director of Housekeeping to correct the issues you mentioned. I would also like to speak with you to ask additional questions and ensure that in my coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your insights. Please call me at your earliest convenience so we can further discuss your visit. My direct line is (612) 397-4800.

Trenton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the room was spotless. I couldn't ask for a better breakfast in the executive lounge. It was healthy and there was plenty of variety. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud and I woke up refreshed every day. The location is perfect for someone that has a convention at the convention center and it is within a block of plenty of good restaurants and bars. I would definitely come back to stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for such a great review! I am so pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience with a clean and comfortable room and liked our convenient location. I look forward to sharing your compliments to the team.

Gladstone, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife attended a national conference at the Hilton Hotel in Minneapolis. Her agency made the reservations via their agency procedures and she received a confirmation email.
When we arrived, they stated the charges must be applied to her personal credit card as they had not not received payment from the college. After a 7 hour drive we went ahead and did as they asked. When we asked about hooking up to the internet she gave us the instructions and said there was a $13.95 internet charge per day. Unbelievable. Well, the instructions did not work and when we called down a different person answered at the desk and gave her another set of instructions. Those didn't work either. The next day, she received the correct information and was able to log-in. Two days later a colleague told my wife, the hotel had waived all internet charges for the conference attendees, but the desk staff had neglected to mention that. I took care of that the next day.
This conference had 2,000 people in attendance, and many had to stay at adjacent properties. The restaurant holds 160 people. The first day of the conference, we were able to get a seat to eat, but only 1/2 of the restaurant was open. We asked a gentleman in a suit who was assisting serving why it wasn't available, he replied he couldn't staff it. After a years notice, I guess management couldn't figure out how to arrange enough staff. We were told there was a restaurant and bar at the top of the hotel, but that was reserved for those staying on the top 3 floors only! I ate breakfast there each morning and one morning I ordered the omelet off the menu. The waitress said there was a omelet station in the corner and they could fix it for me. So, I went over and ordered what I wanted and was told to return in about 5 minutes, so I went back to sit down. Another waitress came and asked me what I would like. I told her I wanted the omelet, pointing to the one on the menu, but that I was told by another staff to go to the omelet station which I had done. She told me that was for the buffet only, and that was $20.00 and had other items besides omelets. I told her I just wanted the omelet on the menu and she said that was fixed in the kitchen not at the omelet station. So, I re-ordered the omelet from the kitchen. I feel like I was being set-up for the more expensive breakfast. As this was not my conference, I worked in the hotel room. When I put out the Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob, the room staff ignored it. They would just slide the card key into the slot and open the door and walk in. I told her I had placed the Do Not Disturb card on the doorknob and she apologized. This happened every day. And one afternoon, when she waltzed in without knocking, she was very surprised and told me she had to do something with the phone. I was speechless at this behavior and she walked over to the phone, punched a 3 buttons and walked out. From then on, I placed the metal locking device in place so that could not happen again. I didn't want to get caught in the bathroom and was flabbergasted there was no courtesy knocking on the door that appears to be standard protocol at other hotels.
The desk staff were very uninformed, the wait staff were terrible, and the room staff were totally clueless, the food was average at best and very overpriced, and I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure about this one. We were on the 15th floor. It was quiet.
1 Thank gniedermaier
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for bringing your stay to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of hospitality during your stay. Please be assured that this is highly unusual and not typical of the high standards and service levels that we have been recognized and strive for. We want to make every guest feel cared for, valued and respected; your stay is very out of character for our hotel. I will personally follow-up with our Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Housekeeping and Director of Front Office Operations. I would also like to speak with you to ask additional questions to ensure that in my coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your additional insights. Please call me at your earliest convenience so we can further discuss your visit. My direct line is (612) 397-4800. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts; we are grateful for all the feedback we receive and the opportunity to make it right.

Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We live in Minneapolis but have stayed here a number of times. Very nice rooms and a great pool area for adults and kids with a nice work out facility connected to it. Great location in downtown for Sporting events with great food options nearby. I feel for the price this is a very good value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our pool and Fitness Center, as well as our close proximity to local attractions. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.