“Our preferred hotel in Minneapolis”
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
New York, United States
“Our preferred hotel in Minneapolis”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We visit often to see our son and always stay at this Hilton on an Executive floor where the rooms are spacious, clean, stylish and comfortable. The Executive Lounge continental breakfast is perfect for us, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and tea/coffee. We use the computer and printer to check in for our flight and print boarding passes. The hotel and service is excellent in all respects. We will continue to stay here when we visit a few times a year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for such a great review. I am thrilled that we are able to accommodate all of your needs whenever you are in town and hope you give us the opportunity to continue doing so. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Minneapolis.

John E. Luke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Turkish first
Bellevue, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was stranded in Minneapolis during severe thunderstorms and record breaking rain and floods. Airport hotels were full, but I was able to get a room at this hotel. Check in was fast and easy. Having been separated from my luggage, they were able to provide a toothbrush, delivered to my room. The room was clean and comfortable. The dining room opened at 6, so I was able to eat a delicious,healthy breakfast, and the wait staff were friendly and prompt. It was a positive experience after a stress ful day of delayed and cancelled flights

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this review. I am so happy to read that after a stressful day of delayed and cancelled flights, we were able to quickly get you into a clean, comfortable room and provide the essentials you had been separated from. We at Hilton Minneapolis love to deliver service that cares for, values and respects our guests; that includes turning negatives into positives. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and hope that we will be welcoming you back in the future.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here recently for a meeting (the hotel choice was made for me). Once I navigated the downtown Minneapolis traffic patterns and found the hotel's parking garage, I had a nice room and a pleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RichardB562
Thank you for sharing your experience, I am so pleased that you liked your room and had a pleasant stay! Please call us - even from the road - if there is anything we can assist you with. We will gladly help navigate you through Minneapolis the next time you are in town. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in one of the "allergen-free" rooms. The room was clean and updated. The bedding was nice. The in-house restaurant "Skywater Lounge" does not have a very big menu and the food is below the quality of what you would expect from a nicer hotel. The hotel and restaurant staff were friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and friendly staff, but disappointed by your "average" experience in our restaurant. We recently expanded our offerings, adding a chef inspired pizza menu to accompany our entrees, sandwiches, salads and sharing plates that are getting many compliments. I would love to speak with you and gain more detail on your experience in our restaurant; please call me at your earliest convenience. My direct line is (612) 397-4800, I look forward to speaking with you.

Dallas Center, Iowa
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed during a convention for work. The location is great for having quick and easy access to some great places to eat and drink in the city. There is also a nice bar in the hotel. Our company had some meals catered by the hotel. The hotel staff was very kind and professional, although the food was marginal at best. The hotel was very clean and very well maintained. At night, there were a few nights I came back to the hotel rather late, but I do not recall any night that there were not at least one hotel staff person outside and it being very well lit and seemingly safe. The day of my checkout, they had a courtesy bag check areas to hold by baggage but the man checking bags did not seem to like his job very much at all. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our SWL bar, convenient location and found our staff to be kind and professional. I look forward to passing your comments along to the team and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Goodland, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Room was not very clean. Food items and lots of debris from previous guest were left behind. For price of this type of room and reputation of the Hilton, I would expect room to be considerably cleaner. Very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tina C
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; we are grateful for all the feedback we receive. I would like to apologize for the state of your room. We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously. Our team members go through extensive training to assure our high standards are met and exceeded. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that my Director of Housekeeping may turn this into a training opportunity. As our guest, we want to make you feel cared for, valued and respected; again, I apologize that our service was not up to those standards. I would also like to follow up with you personally. Please call me at your earliest convenience, (612) 397-4800.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed in Hilton Minneapolis for a week for business purposes. The hotel is located in Downtown Minneapolis in a relatively old building facing a noisy street without soundproof windows. I did not get any sleep. Housekeeping was very nice but they did not clean, I had a piece of broken glass for the entire week on the floor at my door. Windows were super dirty. Wardrobes smelled terribly. Unknown yellow liquid leaking from the iron. Staff was very helpful and kind. Good wifi connection in the lobby. Many restaurants and bars nearby. Very easy to reach the airport.
The entire place would need some renovation, I guess. In retrospect, there were much better hotel deals in Downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Korbala
Thank you for your comments and bringing your experience to my attention. We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously; please accept my sincere apologies. I was glad to read that you found our staff helpful and kind and enjoyed the complimentary WiFi in our lobby. However, I was disappointed to hear about your housekeeping issues. I will be sharing your review with my Director of Housekeeping to correct the issues you mentioned. I would also like to speak with you to ask additional questions and ensure that in my coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your insights. Please call me at your earliest convenience so we can further discuss your visit. My direct line is (612) 397-4800.