“Very conveniently located”
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were there for the volleyball nationals tournament, along with hundreds of others! We arrived at about 11 am and did not get into our room until after 5 pm because it wasn't ready yet. Everyone else from our team arrived later and got in their rooms sooner than we did.....not sure why the hotel doesn't prioritize earlier arriving guests and get them in rooms closer to the 3:00 check in time. The front desk manager got involved and expedited things a bit....also asked us to wait in the bar area and have drinks and an appetizer on them. The rooms are nice and the hotel is very conveniently located with skywalks to the convention center and linked up to many other buildings, typical of downtown Minnesota. There are numerous restaurants and stores, including the flagship Target store, within just two or three blocks of the hotel. I overheard hotel staff explaining the different wifi available and you definitely pay to get anything decent. We didn't and the standard wifi is horrible. They also charged me $10 to receive a small package I had delivered at the hotel. They did not charge for the rollaway bed that they'd said would be $20 a day, so I guess it all evened out. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ThornBirds1
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms, convenient location and staff. I apologize that we were unable to guarantee early arrival for you but am very glad that you felt our Front Office Manager expedited the process for you. The FedEx in our hotel does charge for some servcies, more information on those fees can be found on our website, hiltonminneapolis.com under "Amenities & Services". Again, thank you for this review. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have stayed here more than once now, the hotel is nice and in a convenient location. There are two issues I would have: 1) housekeeping - the room was mostly clean, but there was hair in the shower, in the sink, and in all of the drawers in the bathroom; it was really gross. And 2) they have affordable enough rates, but you will pay much more for parking, Wi-Fi access, and everything else they can hit you up for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tc3399
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously; please accept my apologies for the state of your bathroom. I will personally follow-up with my Director of Housekeeping and share your comments with him. Also, as a complimentary amenity to all guests, we offer free wi-fi in our lobby area and lounge. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. Again, thank you for bringing your stay to my attention. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you the next time you are in Minneapolis.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Was in town for a sports event at the convention center. This hotel was the host hotel. Issues began on check in when room wasn't ready (at 3pm) with no idea when it would. Was told that rooms were pre-assigned so we couldn't go into a different room. As a hotel club member I asked for a room on the Executive level and was told no, I'd just have to wait. Was told I would receive a call when the room was ready - I never got it. Asked for a quiet room and was placed in one closest to the elevator lobby. Asked for extra towels/pillows prior to check in and never received them. Asked for late checkout and wasn't given it. Never once did the hotel try to compensate for anything. The most they would offer was free internet, which I didn't need. Others in our party waited 9 hours to get into room. Very very poor service and no attempt at mollifying angry customers. Shame on Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to my attention. As our guest, we want you to feel cared for, valued and respected and I apologize that our service was not up to those standards. We do our best to meet all guest requests but are sometimes unable to during times of high occupancy. I would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences and further discuss the details of your stay. I want to ensure that in my coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your insights. Please call me at your earliest convenience, my direct line is (612) 397-4800.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This place is incredible. The rooms are average but not terrible. But everything else is ago well put. They really take care of you here. Its truly amazing. Got ten dollars off our meal downstairs because the guy serving us downstairs said we were so nice. I give this place a full five stars. And if you don't then...must have been one bad day. Everyone and every place has them here and there so chillax lol

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am elated that you felt taken care of and had a great two day stay. We encourage our staff to go above and beyond to show hospitality, as your waiter did. I will share your comments with the team; I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Comfort, care and excellence! Was offered an upgrade when I arrived and it was worth every penny! Spectacular view, great room. Housekeeping staff made me smile every time I returned to the room after they cared for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Wow! Thank you for such a kind review. Comfort, care and excellence are exactly what want to provide. I look forward to passing along your comment to our housekeeping staff and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the largest hotel in downtown Minneapolis, clocking in at 25 stories, and connected by walkways to the convention center. One would think that they would be able to accommodate large groups with aplomb and deal with crowds, but it certainly wasn't the case during our visit. When we arrived late afternoon, there were four lines stacked up to check in, each with more than 10 people, and after waiting for 30 minutes in line (after travelling for six hours to get there) we were told our room wasn't ready. Finding someone to handle our bags while we waited was a real treat - the bellmen were harried, inconsiderate and overwhelmed, but were trying their best. When our room was finally made available, the actual amenities were fine, though they've got the slimmest double beds I've ever seen. For the next few days, I continued to be less than impressed. They've got a coffee bar in the lobby, and - harkening back again to the idea that this is a location that should be fluent in understanding crowd dynamics - they were consistently not ready to open at their defined time in the morning, despite having a crowd gathered every day. The workout facility was okay and the Skywater restaurant bar in the lobby was convenient, if nothing special. Staff had high points and low points: Tim in the restaurant was a friendly and congenial individual during our checking-in debacle, and Eva at the front desk was professional and helpful, despite trying circumstances, and additionally the guys at the front door were friendly and instructive on cab suggestions and directions. Other folks just weren't as engaged or crisp in their customer service. The hotel is centrally located for a great visit, with more than a dozen good restaurants in close proximity, and it's within walking distance of many Minneapolis destination stops. That said, I wish this had been a more positive experience or a place I could more highly recommend. Hard to get past the missed opportunities for the property to have created a better traveler experience...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cowslower
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for bringing your stay to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies; we pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously. That being said, I was glad to read that you enjoyed our downtown location and received great service from Tim and Eva. I will personally follow-up with our Director of Food & Beverage and Director of Front Office Operations; it is always a pleasure to show our staff that good service is recognized. As our guest, we want to make you feel cared for, valued and respected. Again, I apologize that our service was not up to those standards. I would also like to speak with you to ask additional questions to ensure that in my coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your additional insights. Please call me at your earliest convenience so we can further discuss your visit. My direct line is (612) 397-4800.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Minneapolis for a conference hosted in Hyatt Regency this June. I only had a limited budget so decided to try my luck on Priceline. It turns out that I only have pay around $90 a.i. a night at the nearby Hilton, which is a pretty good deal considered it is the peak season for all kinds of events.

The hotel is located in a very modern and clean part of the Minneapolis downtown, and during the daytime you mostly see working professionals, and it feels safe to walk around at night. It is located about half a mile away from the closest light rail station, which has good connections to the airport and St. Paul.

The room is okay and slightly to my disappointment, they run out of king-size room, so as a solo traveler I have two double beds all for my own use, not bad though. Like other major brands (except Radisson maybe) they charge a fee for using wifi internet. My room rate does not include the breakfast, but I normally grab some pastry and a starbucks coffee from a small stall in the hotel lobby. There are quite a lot of food options nearby, most of them are fancy restaurant, sports bar or fast food. So if you want to try some ethnic food, you may go along the Nicollet Ave, and once you pass the Hwy 55, there is a small neighborhood labelled as "Eat Street" and there are lots of Southeastern Asian, Middle Eastern, and some African cuisines.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad to read that we were able to accommodate your needs and that you enjoyed our downtown location. Also, thank you for the restaurant tips! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.