“wait wait wait.....”
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We waited in the honors line for hours just to be told that we couldn't check into our room until at the earliest 7:00 P.M. Apparently a very large group made arrangements for a late checkout. Everyone that made reservations was simply out of luck.

1  Thank Kimberly T
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during check-in and assure you that we take your comments very seriously. I have brought this issue to my Director of Front Office Operations; we will be using your review to take corrective action ensuring this does not happen in the future. I would like to personally follow up and apologize again, please call me at your earliest convenience. My direct line is (612) 397-4800.

John E. Luke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was a nice, quiet hotel. I like the steel ice containers that kept the ice from melting too soon. The hotel has a Starbucks with limited menu in lobby which was nice. No issues with check in or check out and staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, our staff and Barron's Brew in our lobby selling Starbucks Coffee. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Hilton Hotel is spectacular. The rooms for spacious and clean. The food in the restaurants was excellent. The staff were always friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The location was perfect to walk to restaurants and the Light Rail to travel to the Mall of America. The phrase "Minnesota Nice" definitely describes the city and the people.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you for your review! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, our restaurant, newly renovated rooms and staff! We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent place to stay! I had a one night stay on the Executive Level (I'm Hilton Gold). I didn't expect to stay overnight in Minneapolis. Painless, quick check-in process, very quick elevators (a big plus), excellent eats in Executive Lounge and delightful breakfast spread. Wonderful large pool & hot tub on second floor. The hostess in Executive Lounge served as a great tour guide; pointing out Downtown landmarks from the 25th floor. Special thanks to her and front desk (night auditor) Patrick.

I did not have a car so cannot speak to the parking situation. Everything spotless clean!

Only regret is not staying longer! I really look forward to my return!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great experience at our hotel! I will pass along your kind comments to the team members mentioned. We're looking forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We booked this hotel for an anniversary weekend. We enjoyed our stay very much. The lobby is beautiful and the restaurant is very good. The room was nice with a comfortable bed. Very clean. Bath products very good. Starbucks in the lobby for a great morning cappuccino.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this review. I was so pleased to read what an enjoyable stay you had. It is very important to us that you have a clean, comfortable room with the best amenities. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed there over the weekend for Capella University Commencement. Had a good experience but some things were troubling. Arrived and had booked 2 rooms as my mother was traveling with us. Evidently the reservation software did not book 2 rooms, but took my first room and edited the reservation. I received 2 confirmation, but upon arrival only had one room. As I was a Diamond Honors member, they made things right but could not get the same rate.

Room was on the 20th floor and at the elevator the area smelled very musty as if the carpet had been soaked and left to mildew. I am hoping that was not the case. The rooms were clean, but you better keep the air conditioning on. Whatever they used for cleaning smelled of ammonia and was strong. Once the Air was turned on the smell disappeared.

The bell hops were great - they will chase anything down for you. Even a book my son left in the car. Restaurant was good for both breakfast and dinner. Executive lounge provides the basics in the morning and was clean.

A very busy hotel & convention center in the center of town.

Room Tip: If there are more than two of you, make sure you get the double Queens - The full beds are small.
1  Thank Chris P

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our staff, restaurant, clean rooms, and overall had a good experience. However, I would like to apologize for any scents that were bothering you. Please know that I have brought your comments to my Director of Housekeeping to rectify any problems. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

they forgot towels, did not help with parking, internet not free in room, messed up the billing at check out. For the price I expected few to no problems and I was particularly surprised at the confusion on the part of the hotel staff with respect to check out policies. The parking issue was also a big surprise given I had anticipated a potential problem and had called ahead to discuss it and make sure I would be OK with a vehicle that did not fit in the ramp ( it was taller than 7 ft). Otherwise the service was OK. Rooms were clean and very nice. Elevators got us to the 25th floor rapidly as needed. I did think the restaurant was a bit expensive as the buffet breakfast was $20 (big city prices).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to my attention. While I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, found the hotel to be clean and elevators fast, I would like to apologize for any confusion during check out. I'd like to speak with you further about your experience so that we may use your insight when coaching the team. Please call me at your earliest convenience, my direct line is (612) 397-4800.