“Underwhelmed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Denver, Colorado
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a conference attendee and the location for that couldn't be beat. There were no major issues here - they have comfortable furniture and a really nice gym with pool. However, there are just these little inconsistencies that made it an unremarkable stay. First, all of downtown Minneapolis has free wifi but somehow Hilton feels it's appropriate to charge for wifi so it's not accessible anywhere except the lobby (really? For $200 a night you can't include wifi?). Also, they routinely had one or two people at the front desk at all times. This is a large hotel and the lines were always quite long. And lastly what really bugged me is that anyone can get in the elevators - no key card access is required despite the presence of card readers.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for this review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our close proximity to downtown attractions, fitness center, comfortable accommodations and overall had no issues. I would like to apologize for any wait you incurred at our Front Desk - I will be sharing your comments with my Director of Front Office Operations. As a complimentary amenity to all guests we offer free wi-fi in our lounge and lobby. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. Again thank you for this review; we hope to welcome you back in the future.

John E. Luke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Don't bother expecting to be fed if you arrive within 1/2 hour of closing. Food was gone and not replenished. Staff indicated that if the kitchen did not send up food, they could not put it out. One morning all of the bread (bagels) was gone before breakfast time finished, the oatmeal was tempid, and the fruit bowl empty.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Patricia H
Thank you for bringing your experience in our Executive Lounge to my attention. We want to make you feel welcome, cared for, valued and respected. I would like to sincerely apologize for the service you received - it is not up to our high standards. I will bring your experience to my Director of Front Office Operations as well as my Director of Food & Beverage in effort to ensure this does not happen again. Again, thank you for the opportunity to make it right.

Perham, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed in August of 2013 for a getaway weekend. Nice place, close to downtown Minneapolis, plenty of restaurants to visit in the area and great nightlife. Lots of places to just people watch, close to Loring Park and walking distance to Target Field. Would stay again in heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this review - I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to downtown attractions! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Hibbing, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We waited in the honors line for hours just to be told that we couldn't check into our room until at the earliest 7:00 P.M. Apparently a very large group made arrangements for a late checkout. Everyone that made reservations was simply out of luck.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Kimberly T
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during check-in and assure you that we take your comments very seriously. I have brought this issue to my Director of Front Office Operations; we will be using your review to take corrective action ensuring this does not happen in the future. I would like to personally follow up and apologize again, please call me at your earliest convenience. My direct line is (612) 397-4800.

Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was a nice, quiet hotel. I like the steel ice containers that kept the ice from melting too soon. The hotel has a Starbucks with limited menu in lobby which was nice. No issues with check in or check out and staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, our staff and Barron's Brew in our lobby selling Starbucks Coffee. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back.

Catskill, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Hilton Hotel is spectacular. The rooms for spacious and clean. The food in the restaurants was excellent. The staff were always friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The location was perfect to walk to restaurants and the Light Rail to travel to the Mall of America. The phrase "Minnesota Nice" definitely describes the city and the people.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for your review! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, our restaurant, newly renovated rooms and staff! We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

demaileron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Excellent place to stay! I had a one night stay on the Executive Level (I'm Hilton Gold). I didn't expect to stay overnight in Minneapolis. Painless, quick check-in process, very quick elevators (a big plus), excellent eats in Executive Lounge and delightful breakfast spread. Wonderful large pool & hot tub on second floor. The hostess in Executive Lounge served as a great tour guide; pointing out Downtown landmarks from the 25th floor. Special thanks to her and front desk (night auditor) Patrick.

I did not have a car so cannot speak to the parking situation. Everything spotless clean!

Only regret is not staying longer! I really look forward to my return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share such a great experience at our hotel! I will pass along your kind comments to the team members mentioned. We're looking forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next time!