“Downtown but Not as near the Convention Center as I like”
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Downtown but Not as near the Convention Center as I like”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a good place to stay for a Convention. You never have to go outside to get to either place. The rooms were nice, clean, and beds comfortable. But getting an elevator was impossible until staff was called to correct the situation. The restaurant in the lobby was just okay, service was slow though not busy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sissy N
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for this review. I am glad to read that you found your room clean, bed comfortable and overall enjoyed your experience. I apologize for the elevator wait - they do occasionally get busy during times of high occupancy. Also, I will be bringing your restaurant comment to my Director of Food and Beverage so that he can include your feedback in coaching the team. Thank you again for sharing your experience - I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John E. Luke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Frankfort, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The rooms were very clean and nicely furnished. I was also pleased to find the hotel room also included a mini fridge, safe, coffee maker, hair dryer, and large 50 inch TV.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Carrie K
Thank you for your feedback! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our amenities including the pool, hot tub, in-room refrigerator and 50-in TV. I am also glad to see that you found your room clean and well furnished! We recently underwent a $13mil renovation and are happy that our guests are enjoying the changes. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kansas
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We got our room for $99/nt which was nice! This wasn't the best Hilton we have stayed in but it was nice. Decently clean with a slight odor to the room upon entrance. Bar was nice to have downstairs. The walk from garage ($39 for the 3 days) was a bit of a walk. You used the elevator from the garage and then walked through the main lobby floor to another elevator up to the rooms. We would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review! I am glad to hear that you found a great rate and your room clean. I'm also happy that you had the chance to enjoy the bar! I have brought your comment regarding the "slight odor" to my Director of Housekeeping but would like to speak with you to personally apologize and get some more details so we may correct the issue. Please call me at your earliest convenience, my direct line is (612) 397-4800. I look forward to speaking with you and welcoming you back in the future.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are comfy and clean. (As expected)
Front desk is "somewhat" impolite and snippy. I am not an Honors member, but that seemed to be better... The Hilton Honors line seemed to move very slow.

Parking is at the lower levels. $26 for two days, you are better off pre-paying for parking with your room at your check-in. You'll be given a ticket allowing you to exit the parking several times.

I was Abe to check in a bit early however, not by much. I arrived at 2:15 (check-in is 3pm) and a room was not ready. I was called at 4:39 when a room was available.

The air condition seems to work on a motions censor, and needs to be adjusted to acknowledge a presence.

Staff outside the front desk area are concentrated around the main entrance.

Walking distance to restaurants, Target, and Walgreens.

WIFI is $10 daily. Although, if you are an ATT U-Verse customer... You may use their local hot spot.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our close proximity to downtown restaurants and shopping as well as comfortable, clean rooms. However, I apologize for your experience at our Front Desk. I would like the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about this so that we may include your insights while coaching and counseling the team. Also, as a complimentary amenity to all guests we offer free wi-fi in our lounge and lobby. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed three nights for business and liked the property very much. Check in was very quick and my request for a room with a view was pleasantly honored. I had a room on the 20th floor with a great view overlooking the city! The beds were comfortable, the hallways quiet, the bathroom clean with a nice amount of counter space. I didn't use the gym but checked it out and it looked nice enough. The location of the hotel is just one block off Nicollet Mall which has tons of shopping and restaurants so I could walk to everything I needed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and quiet - three very important components of a good stay. I'm also glad you liked our downtown location and were able to walk around with ease. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back; perhaps next time you will have the chance to take advantage of our fitness center!

East Anglia, UK
Reviewed 24 August 2014

What more can I say? If that's what you need in a hotel - and it's what I needed - then you will be fine here. As other reviewers have said - it's nothing special, but sometimes you don't need anything special - just something quiet, clean and comfortable

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review. I am glad you found your room to be quiet, clean and comfortable. We agree, those three components are very important to a good stay! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a nice hotel, what you expect from Hilton. If you're going to the Convention Center, the location is great--there is a sky walk that goes from the hotel to the Convention Center without touching the ground. The rooms are large, the food in the restaurant is good. However, I do not think patrons should be charged for wifi in their rooms anymore and that's my main reason for not giving it a top rating.

1 Thank OurFuture
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant, close proximity to the Convention Center and connection to the Skyway. As a complimentary amenity to all guests we offer free wi-fi in our lounge and lobby. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. Again, thank you for your review. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!