“Best HGI I have stayed at.”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best HGI I have stayed at.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed here for a trade show at the convention center. Just 1 block away. A little tricky to find the entrance but worth the search. Note that no parking except valet. If that is important, there is a public garage nearby.

The hotel itself and more importantly the staff are awesome. I arrived early but they prepared a room by 1:30pm. Great because I had to run back for a con call with a client mid afternoon.

I observed a staff meeting in the restaurant when checking in. This place runs well because it is managed well. It was obvious just o serving this meeting. When I came back later to get my room and attend my call, there was another meeting going on. Being interested, I observed this as well. Whoever the manager is should be tagged as a rising star. He really is cultivating a killer team.

In short, my actual stay was great and it is certainly the result of good teamwork. Bar service, valet, room service, check in and cleanliness were all exceptional.

I stay with this chain frequently and can say without a doubt this was the best run location I have ever experienced.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Grrw
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Grww,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to stay at while in Minneapolis and for posting such a positive review of your experience with us! We have staff meetings twice every day and I am so glad that you had a chance to observe both of them on the same day. We have actually shared your comments at the last few daily "huddles" and the staff thinks that it is so great that a guest saw them in action and it raised the level of enthusiasm even more!

Thank you again for posting these comments as this is what makes our jobs so enjoyable.

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel was chosen because it is near the convention center and because of all the great reviews. That said, there is no covered walkway to the convention center, so if that is important, you may want to consider the Hilton or the Ivey. Everyone was very friendly at the hotel. The room was what I expected. The hotel is near the highway, but the noise was not a bother. I had a corner king, and it was everything I needed. I've been having a hard time hanging on to my cell phone lately. This time, I left it in a chair in the lobby. By the time I got to the front desk, they had already put it away for me. The 12.95 breakfast is very similar to the free breakfasts you would get elsewhere except for the cooked to order items, which are nice. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ATLcruiser
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
ATLcruiser,

Thank you for the positive recommendation for the Hilton Garden Inn! Our staff really takes pride in being the #1 hotel in Minneapolis on TripAdvisor and comments like yours just keep us all motivated to keep pushing hard. As for your comments about the covered walkway we are always willing to take guests to the conference center in our hotel shuttle if the weather is bad or if the guest happens to have some supplies with them. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future!

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed here for a conference with some friends and my boyfriend. Overall, the hotel is very nice and centrally located. Everything was in walking distance - restaurants, the conference center, shopping, etc. The beds were comfortable and it was clean. The only downside is that our nonsmoking room smelled of cigarette smoke, hence its low rating. I expected more from a Hilton Garden Inn as they are generally supposed to be very nice hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Kate G
Kate G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. I see that you stayed with us in November of 2011. I cannot speak specifically to what may have happened last year with your room smelling like smoke, but I can say that our current staff is properly trained on what to do if a prior guest smokes in a room so that it does not affect the next person staying in that room. I do hope that if you come to Minneapolis again you will give us another chance to impress you 100%.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Overall the facility is nice. Parking is an issue, however. On site is valet only. Usually not a big deal, but the valets were understaffed and EXTREMELY slow. Not acceptable for a service that costs a premium.

Hilton Honors Gold members receive NO benefits at this property. No water, no points, no breakfast. In fact, I was made to feel like a cheep-skate just for asking for something I have never not received at an HGI.

If you are loyal to Hilton, the Downtown Hilton and the Hilton Marquette are MUCH better choices.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank William S
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that parking in the area can be a bit troublesome, which is why we strive to offer the lowest price for parking in our area. I apologize that you did not receive the HHonors perks you were expecting. All of our HHonors Gold members receive 2 bottles of water and their choice of Breakfast or bonus Hilton Honors points and you definitely would have earned your points for the stay. I will send you a message to get your stay information to ensure you are properly credited points. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel, and I apologize that this stay did not exceed your expectations.

Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

We picked this hotel due to its high user ratings and its close proximity to the convention center (we were in town to see a show). Everything was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. I especially appreciated the clean duvet; it's nice not to have to strip off a questionable bedspread. The buffet breakfast was okay, nothing special; however I noticed it was identical to the one at the Garden Inn in Fargo, only $3 more per person (I'm assuming this is because it's in Minneapolis).

One complaint we did have was that there were no blackout drapes; or there were, but they were only decorative and about a foot and a half wide. No way to close out the light if you want to sleep in, or use your laptop at the desk! A fairly critical oversight, in our opinion. Aside from that, we had a very pleasant stay. The room was very quiet even though there had been some partying guests on our floor Saturday night.

Special thanks to the valets who were very nice in spite of the fact that I did not tip them the first time we dropped off and picked up the car (I didn’t know we should until I Googled it, oops)!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Happy_Scrappy
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Happy Scrappy,

Thank you so much for posting about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We really do appreciate ALL of the feedback that we get to help improve ways of operating or to just continue to reinforce the way we are already doing things.

I am glad to hear that the hotel was clean and comfortable as that is such an important part of the guest experience in our eyes and that Valet did such a good job taking care of you.

I do apologize about your experience with the blackout drapes though. All of our rooms do have black out drapes that do close all the way, not just for looks. If you would be able to email me the room that you are in I would like to examine that specific room further and see if the rod was missing in that room which would prevent you from closing all the way.

Thanks again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown and we certainly hope you will choose our hotel again in the future.

anthony.leitz2@hilton.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Very well maintained and nicely managed hotel. Some of the friendliest, attentive staff I've encountered in any hotel. The room was very nice with a lovely view of the church tower across the street. Cheap parking one block away in public garage.

• Stayed October 2012
Stevegd,

Thank you very much for your positive response to our hotel on Trip Advisor! We love to see guest feedback on this platform to share with our staff and for other potential guests to see.

I am so glad to hear you had a very positive experience with our staff as we have built a culture at our hotel that we are very proud of and it is great to have that reinforced by our guests! (And, we also like our view of the beautiful historic church across the street)

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your travels and we certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Evansville, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Hotel was very clean, staff amazing and food onsite was great. Very convenient to the Minneapolis Convention center less than a block away. I would recommend this to anyone who has an event at the Convention Center.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business