Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
US$202
US$182
WHotels.com
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$125
US$121
Doubletree.com
1,464 results
All reviewsconvention centerfront deskvalet parkingtown carvalet staffbreakfast buffetthe entire staffbusiness tripfew blockslight railhotel staffenjoyed my stayvery nice hotelshuttle serviceper daynice stayconvenient location
Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the first time I ever stayed at the hotel, I've always loved it and it's always my #1 choice whenever I'm in Minnesota in fact I always look for the Garden inn where I go to compare and this one in Minnesota is by far the best. For my recent visit to see my brother who attends University of Minn, I choose this location. I was welcomed with a shuttle service as I always do and the young gentlemen are always nice and friendly. Front desk always so helpful with a warm welcome. Haley was very nice and sweet at my arrival and at my departure another friendly young lady who gave me a wake up call so I was able to eat breakfast and arrive at the airport in time. I call it my home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Deidre R
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

We are privileged to be considered your home away from home Deidre79. If there is anything you ever need before or during one of your experiences at our property, please feel free to ask any one of our team members to assist. We are all happy to help in any way possible. We also want to thank you for recognizing Hayley on the amazing job she does; she is definitely a great asset to this team. We look forward to your next trip to Minneapolis Deidre.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here for one night on business travel. Check-in was super easy, and my room was clean with a nice bathroom. I did not take advantage of the bar/restaurant, but it was crowded every time I walked through the lobby area. I found the staff to be very helpful. I asked about shuttle service, and was able to arrange a free shuttle to and from my destination. Completely unexpected! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dreamer215

Thank you for such a great review dreamer215. We look forward to your next visit to Minneapolis! Our awesome staff, clean rooms and shuttle service will all be waiting to provide you with the same exceptional experience.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were caught unaware of their valet parking service, so when we pulled in and were put on the spot about what we wanted to do, we didn't how far away the public ramp was and how much it cost so we chose to use valet. It turned out to be a pain in the neck, having to unload the car right there on the spot while the guy watched and waited, having no access to the car if we forgot something in it in the evening, and having to wait for it and then tip the guys every time we wanted to drive somewhere. We ended up paying for parking on the street out front once because we just wanted to run up to our room for a half hour or so. I guess we're just not valet people. The hotel is close enough to walk to the Dome for a game, and the room was nice. Comfy beds. Very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We are sorry to hear that our valet parking service caught you so off guard afonk. There are self park options within a block or two of the property that our team should have made you aware of, and our drivers should have helped you with your luggage, not just stood there and watched you remove your belongings from your car. This has since been discussed with the team to ensure our guests are getting the best possible service upon arrival and throughout their experience, we apologize you did not receive the same service.
Due to the limited space we have on property, we feel valet is the only option to have on site, but our guests are more than welcome to be escorted to their vehicle by a driver if one has left something in their vehicle. When it comes to tipping our drivers, it is not something expected upon every arrival or departure, rather something that is appreciated when the guest feels it is an appropriate time.
We hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your experience at our property and do hope you will give us another shot in the future. If you have any questions or need any suggestions upon your next Minneapolis visit, please feel free to call us directly and we will make sure your travels go as smooth as possible.
Thank you for your review afonk.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

What I can say is that the property is extremely clean and well kept. I can also say that this hotel was a poor choice for our family on Thanksgiving. We just could not seem to communicate with the front desk. We had several mis-steps with the front desk that caused us difficulty. There was no lunch or dinner for us on the holiday. The fitness room was tiny. I just think there were options downtown that would have been a much better choice for us. Know that your only option is valet parking, however the price seems to fall within downtown pricing. Not certain we would be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MBB66066

MBB66066, We send our sincerest appologies for the negative experience you had at our property, especially since it affected such a joyous holiday. We know there is nothing we can do at this point to make your Thanksgiving better, but if there is any way we can make your future holidays a little brighter, please let us know. If you would be so kind to contact lindsay.olson@hilton.com, she would love to discuss some of the 'mis-steps' that occured during this experience to follow up with our front desk team.
We hope to hear from you soon.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this location for one night and found the service to be exceptional!! The location was good and within walking distance to many downtown locations or they have a sedan service that will take you anywhere downtown for $8 (did not use but were told about it). They do not offer self parking but you can go across from the convention center behind the church and self park for much less than their $24 valet parking. If your bed is not comfortable, talk to the staff as there may be something not working properly. That was the case with our bed and I wish I would have said something as I am sure we could have been moved or had someone fix the bed. Hence, I rated sleep quality a little lower but I am confident they would have fixed it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

CardanW, We know one of our staff members has thanked you through another response portal, but we wanted to give our thanks as a team for your glowing review of our property. We are thrilled you and your husband enjoyed your experience so much and we look forward to your return in the future. Please make our team aware of any inconveniences you face while you are with us, as we will do everything we can to make sure these issues are resolved.
Thanks again and Happy Holidays,