“Great Rooftop”
Review of moto-i

moto-i
Reserve with OpenTable
moto-i is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #248 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake
Transit: On the MTC #4, #21 and #53.
Description: Located in Uptown Minneapolis, moto-i is a craft sake brewpub and ramen house. We serve Junmai Namazake on draft and feature asian inspired small plates.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice and cozy with two levels and a third level rooftop patio with views of downtown. Plenty of seats at the bar, tables and chairs or comfy couches and chairs. Friendly service and fantastic happy hour small plates and saki. Great menu with lots of unique items. Try the tofu lettuce wraps or the pork belly! Looking for an excuse to go back there real soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Looking for rooftop experience not downtown nor Uptown. Roof top bar opened at 2:20PM, quirky...I like quirky.

Arrived early sat a bar, bar chair height a bit too high, had problem getting into chair, usually have problems getting out but getting in? Problem #1 Ordered The a Problem Solver absolutely tasteless. Problem #2. Went upstairs to roof top bar nice but on a cool day needed sunscreen, but still outdoors better than being inside.

Food is Japanese. I'm allergic to egg almost every food item included egg. Saw that their specialty was beets. Tried roasted beets - no flavor informed waiter, waiter said he would follow up with manager never heard from waiter or manager - still on my bill when I paid - no problem I ate all of the beets but just a heads up.

Ordered food wife had tempura and I has a bowl with a very good tasting of salmon and soup. We both liked our main course.

As we were leaving we noticed the bathrooms were on floor -1, what does -1 mean must mean the basement? Roof top bar on the third floor bathroom in basement, what happens when restaurant busy and you had too many beers? Elevator full of people going upstairs in elevator or using stairs. Could mean problem number 2 no I mean problem #3.

Would zi go back? NO

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was my first time to Moto-i and it was a good experience. We had a party of 7 and had a great table in the back corner on the first floor. It was a good spot for us. However, the service was decent, not as quick as we would've liked as we were in the drinking mood. We tried the Rangoons, all of the sticky bun appetizers, and the sweet potato fries. The Rangoons and the Sticky bun with pork was my favorite. The chicken sticky bun was good but the tuna sticky bun tasted like fresh canned tuna fish, but with way too much mayo. I also tried the Sake flight with the first 3 sake's on the menu. The flavors that they mention are very, very subtle, so don't be afraid to try all of them, it won't ruin your pallete. Now on to the main course, Classic Ramen is amazing! The pork shoulder and pork belly are the best I've had between Masu & Zen Box here in Minneapolis. The ramen noodles were great, soft but firm and the broth is perfect. It's my favorite Ramen that I've had so far and that includes some restaurants over in Europe. I was very impressed. It'll be hard for me to try something else the next time I go. Enjoy!

1  Thank DrummerGelly
Reviewed 7 December 2013

A group of friends stopped for lunch after an afternoon event in Uptown. The cocktails were original and adventurous. The ginger fried egg was an amazing blend of tastes!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Went there for their happy hour deal. Very good Ramen Noodle and Sake. They make their own sake and they have variety of choices of sake to choose from.