“Can't see the river, but the movies are GREAT!”
Review of Riverview Theater

Riverview Theater
Ranked #33 of 231 things to do in Minneapolis
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This theater is a south Minneapolis institution showing recent movies at discounted prices. Unlike the "megaplex" theaters, this is old school with a nice BIG screen and comfortable seats. As a bonus, they often show very limited run and independent movies on special nights. Where else was I going to see Ministry's live concert movie "FIX"?!? Nowhere but at the Riverview!
TOP NOTCH!

1  Thank ElLoboDePlaya

Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a movie night used to be like - a couple hours of entertainment without the commitment of driving to the suburbs and spending $50+. Great employees, great food (especially the popcorn), low prices, and modern projection/sound equipment in a comfortable, stylish classic theater setting. A neighborhood and city-wide treasure.

1  Thank northwall
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Love the stadium seating, love the ticket sellers, and the concession people, super friendly, best made fresh popcorn with real butter! Love, the location, and the theatre makes me feel like I was a child again. Just good karma.

1  Thank donih
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just a few blocks from my husbands childhood home and full of character. We try to see a movie here when we can and love the charm of the theater.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Nice to be able to experience watching "Frozen" here. The price is so cheap! I wish we had a theatre like this in our neighborhood so I can go to the cinema every week. We were a bit confused where to park at first but found a good spot eventually. For a $3 night ticket, we were expecting that the video and sound quality would be compromised but it turned out to be really good. The audience were generally a fun group - except for the couple of teenagers sitting near us who had their phones turned on during the movie. I would give 5 stars if the theatre wasn't dingy and littered with popcorn. There was also a smell of puke near our area. Overall, it was great, though.