“Dissapointed”

University of Minnesota
Ranked #18 of 227 things to do in Minneapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: A comprehensive university offering undergraduate and graduate programs in more than 70 majors and fields.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Thought this would be a great place to go, but the Dr. I chose is interested more in research than patients. I wasn't a good 'fit' for them and after completing everything I needed to do to meet his requirements was told he wouldn't be helping me. I went elsewhere for care. After I got home and looked up reviews on him, there was a very negative review from a former associate stating that he runs a surgery mill and doesn't care about patients-only publishing papers and his research. Went on to say he leads patients to believe he is personally involved in their care but other colleages do the actual work. If I had only checked him out soomer could have saved a ton of wasted time, effort and money!

1  Thank Karen B

Reviewed 16 February 2014

As a matter of full disclosure, I did my graduate work at the University of Minnesota. At the time I went there, I recall thinking that I was glad I did not do my undergrad there. While my experience was largely confined to two or three buildings effectively next to each other, an undergrad student who might have classes here there and everywhere could have a challenge in managing their schedule. The enormous riverside campus on the banks of the Mississippi is only the beginning. There are actually three separate campuses that contribute to the main Twin Cities institution (the original East Bank, the West Bank on the downtown side and St. Paul campus). It is spread out as the St. Paul campus is about 5 miles from the East Bank campus. This is the flagship campus for U of M, which has one of the six largest student populations in the country (~52,000). Part of the reason for this is because the academics for the U of M system are largely concentrated on the main campus. The Twin Cities metro area also accounts for nearly 2/3 of the population of the state (about 62% to be exact). There are four other campuses in the system (Duluth, Crookston, Morris and Rochester). Of these, only Duluth is of relatively significant size. That makes this campus immense, interesting and varied. It is worth a walk around. The older buildings have significant architectural appeal while many of the newer buildings are also interesting. If you have a chance to stroll over the West Bank, it is also worth a look as it is generally younger in age and appearance. The St. Paul campus is mostly related to agricultural studies with the agricultural science school, the vet school, etc. There is a bus that goes over to St. Paul periodically. You could easily spend half-a-day walking around the campus to appreciate the full extent of the immensity of the institution.

1  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 22 December 2013

With its multidiscipline scientific departments and academic properties, University of Minnesota is regarded as one of the leaders in education and scientific research all over the world. It is ranked among the top universities in US. The close position of University of Minnesota to the largest medical center in the world, Mayo Clinic, adds more to its word wide famous reputation.

1  Thank azarmaluki
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Mayo Clinic for pets! This was our second visit to this facility with the same pet. Our return visit was not a result of their poor care, but due to a rare condition in our pet. Outstanding facility! The staff was genuinely caring of us as well as of our pet. We received a phone call everyday (8 days) from either the doctor or a tech giving us status updates.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed close to the campus and spent a day looking at its interesting architecture, some of which is really strange if not bizarre! There is a new stadium, and lots of interesting features including plenty of seating and on the day we went, lots of freshmen delighted to be there, which took us back to our own university days and added to the atmosphere. The Weismann Museum, which we would call a Gallery in the UK, is really worth a visit not only for the paintings but for the building too.

1  Thank happyessextraveller