“Lots of choices”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: 8th St
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been to Bar La Grassa with my husband for an anniversary meal and now again with 6 girlfriends. It's a fun place with so many menu choices. I love the option of a half serving, so you can try several things. Friendly, knowledgeable wait staff and a lively environment make for a fun dinner experience. It's noisy, but it's always busy, so it's expected.

1  Thank Retired6812

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I go to Minneapolis a few times each year and this was my first visit to Bar La Grassa. It was a Wednesday night and we had a 7:00pm reservation. The place was packed and we had to wait 10 minutes. Good for them! Really nice interior with exposed brick and pine plank floors. My only negative is I hate having to yell at dinner or have the wait staff repeat everything. Does life always have to come with a loud urban backbeat? Really? Why not let the food do the talking? We had great Sweetbreads simply prepared, nice and crispy. House made Ricotta Bruschetta was a real treat. Delicious Arancini and a great Watercress Salad with Heirloom Carrots (maybe remove the stems in the watercress?). Fresh pasta was very tasty if just ever so slightly on the "doughy" side. Veal Ragout was a stand out as was rabbit. For dessert get the Salted Caramel Crespelle while you can.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had a gnocchi with cauliflower and orange that was fantastic. I have never seen a meal like this on any menu, and it was so good that this is now my "go to" favorite place for a nice meal.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is really, really good. The fresh pasta (I had the silk hankerchief w/ basil pesto) was OUT OF THIS WORLD. You could literally taste the freshness. Also had the broccolini which was so yummy and tasty- you didn't even feel like you were eating vegetables! I sat at the "pasta bar" since I was traveling solo and the service was quick and kind. Nice/entertaining view of the cooks if you are solo or want a distraction. Wine was delicious as well. Overall just a fantastic experience, and wasn't even that expensive! Would recommend to anyone who likes Italian food and is in Minneapolis.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I'm italian and last week i go trhee time in this restaurant and my opinon is good is litle bit americanaized but all is fresh and all is good!!!!!