“Good food; great service”
Review of Tavern on France

Tavern on France
Ranked #159 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Food was great; servers super.

Server even took a picture of my family gathering. Very nice. We will return.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I went with the widow maker burger and it was very good. Juicy and loaded with toppings. I asked for it to be cooked medium and it was. This does not happen often enough. It usually gets cooked medium well. The burger was loaded with cheese, onion strings, sauces, etc and was just full of flavor. One of the best burgers I have had. The fries were okay. The key lime pie for dessert was disappointing. The kids will love ordering the s'mores for dessert with an open flame for roasting marshmallows. Service was great.

1  Thank AlexanderDelarge
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a very good restaurant. We had a few people from our group "Make Your Own" and this includes Hamburgers, Pizza, Salad, even Bloody Mary! You will out the form on the table and add what you want to any of the above-mentioned offerings. They also have a very good beer selection. Very tasty food, good prices for what you get.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Tavern on France was my first stop after arriving in Minneapolis from North Carolina. I was positively done with sandwiches and pretzels (airport food) and wanted something green, healthy, and delicious. ToF has a "build your own salad" option, where I picked all the topics for a perfect, healthy, and yummy salad including flank steak, onions, cilantro and mozzarella. Paired with a glass of Menage a Trois red, I nearly swooned. I almost licked my plate clean.

The restaurant has a nice, low-key atmosphere, lots of dark wood. The fire pit outside was perfect for a cool June evening. The location is sort of commercial, so the view wasn't as pretty as it could be (by no fault of the restaurant, of course). Overall, a very high recommend!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I ate here while visiting the area. Very nice casual dining option for travelers. Looks like the locals love this place. I had a Thai salad, which was nice and my husband had the chicken burger, which had a large chicken breast on it. Good portions and good food at a reasonable price. Service was OK; our server could have been a bit friendlier. Would return in the future.