“Go Vikings”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Go Vikings”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

had lots of fun at our first ever NFL game. The fans were amazing and the atmosphere was lots of fun.

windom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Big Ten Football”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Minnesota Gopher fans can be proud of its new football stadium. The perfectly bowl shaped stadium accommodates excellent views from all seats. Now that the sale of beer has been approved, TCF Stadium can be considered the best place to watch a Big Ten Football game, and soon to be the temporary venue for the Minnesota Vikings.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Father daughter night.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Love love the stadium. It was cold this evening, but hot cocoa or coffee was readily availbe. Now only if we can get the gophers to win a few more games.

Visited November 2012
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 729 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This isn't the best college football stadium in the country ... and I'm not even sure its the best college football stadium in Minnesota. The architecture is beautiful, and there is a visual appeal to something so new as TCF Bank stadium. That said, my review is based upon the stadium's appeal as a fan watching a game ... and as a destination for someone visiting from out of town. As a fan, the seats are uncomfortable and the sight-lines are average, at best. Not the best venue for a game. The lack of student support for the Gopher's football team is evident on gameday ... sapping the stadium of the youthful exuberence found at UW's Camp-Randall Stadium and Michigan's "Big House". St. Thomas and St. John's may be smaller colleges, but they bring the fan support to their stadiums each and every Saturday. As a tourist destination, TCF Bank Stadium (or "The Bank" as locals call it) is also a disappointment. Michigan's "Big House" is college football's largest stadium, and truly something to see when visiting Ann Arbor, MI. Notre Dame Stadium is steeped in history and well worth the visit if in/near South Bend, IN. The Bank offers no rich history, nor any vast size or opulence to cause one to reach for their cameras. It is simply a ubiquitous college football stadium ... and that's ashame.

1 Thank STP1606
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Stadium but some common sense please.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

I recently went to a game and thought the stadium was great. The band was great and the atmosphere was terrific as well. My issue came when we went to buy a beer. The lady at the beer vendor asked for ID from us as they do with everyone. I had no issue with this. I presented my Manitoba issued drivers license which showed that I'm 42 years old, only to be told that a Canadian drivers license wasn't an acceptable form of ID, only American licences were. Canadians need a passport to buy beer. I actually thought I was being punked. I asked why my drivers licence wasn't acceptable and was rudely told that "you need a passport to get into the country". I tried to explain that I wasn't trying to enter the country, but just trying to buy a beer. My argument fell on deaf ears and we ended up getting a guy we met at our seats to purchase a beer for us. It was one of the most ridiculous experiences of my life. For a university, they sure didn't seem very intelligent.

3 Thank Hammer31600