All reviews mississippi river sunday brunch is st anthony fireside room stone building lobster week horse drawn historic hotel sleep number bed daughter's wedding anniversary night following morning room price corner room twin cities wonderful weekend small hotel
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Fantastic family run boutique hotel, Staff are extremely professional but not above themselves, we had a great laugh with them. The quality of the restaurant and bar are superb and the surroundings are real olde worldy. Room was very clean and charming and the bed even had a firmness control. Will definately book here again if we are the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry1961
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Staff extremely friendly with great bar and restaurant. Room was large with comfortable bed. Elevator had seat which made you think of the old days when you had a operator but updated. Hotel had beautiful flower boxes outside of windows. You could envision the power people of the flour industry past having their martini lunches in the restaurant. Free parking and wifi plus easy access from downtown makes this a great place to stay. We used a groupon/living Socail type discount which included room and breakfast for much cheaper than full price cost.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Anniversary night away. Booked with a LivingSocial special voucher, included breakfast credit. Quiet, comfy King room. No bells and whistles, really. Enjoyed a walk around the historic neighborhood, ate at a couple of local cafes, walked the Stone Arch Bridge and watched St. Anthony Falls. Lovely midsummer evening. Breakfast was excellent. Staff very nice, friendly--but it was a quiet Sunday night for them, judging by the nearly empty parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was excited to try the Nicollet as an alternative to the chain hotels in Minneapolis. Without any clear five-star option in the city, a boutique inn seemed a nice change of pace. Quaint location, high-end restaurant, it appeared to be my kind of place. Unfortunately, my expectations were not met.

I booked into a corner room with a soaking tub. When I arrived, I found that the soaking tub was little more than a shower/tub combo suitable for a child to soak in. Additionally, the room was particularly dark and dreary, with a completely unfunctional seating area consisting of a loveseat and end chair with no coffee table or place to enjoy a coffee, write, work, or simply relax. The bed was uncomfortable and creaked, and the linens were stained. Overall, being generous, a three-star hotel room with awful lighting and a terrible layout.

The restaurant, unfortunately, was not much better. Understaffed though not busy, the staff were more concerned with talking amongst themselves than providing some semblance of attentive service. I frequently heard staff members gossiping about others (a massive service industry no-no) and using foul language in the process. Hardly the atmosphere I envisioned when I booked the hotel.

I will say, though, good to very good food and good values in the restaurant for the quality. Simply no atmosphere.

I checked out after one night, very disappointed with the room and the restaurant. For the rate, $229, I could have stayed at the W, Ivy, Chambers, and so on. The Nicollet Island Inn makes no attempt whatsoever to be competitive in any way with these legitimate four-star properties. Despite being an inn, it offers little in the way of personal touches or intimacy to justify such a rate. I would not return and cannot recommend that others should book the property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank NA1090
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I stayed May 16-18 on the Island Package Getaway, and it was incredible. The room was beautiful, and the staff was excellent. The staff and waiters at the restaurant remembered us and where we liked to sit, the food was superb, and the location was great - easy to get to the Guthrie, the Stone Arch Bridge, and the Hitching Post Company stops right outside. Special shout-outs go to Eric and Joe who really went out of the way to interact with us and make our stay special.

Room Tip: Go for the King Size beds if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple