I stayed at The Depot Renaissance for three nights for business. Overall, it's good, especially the building is beautiful, but nothing really stood out. Especially the fact that lounge was closed during the wekeend and I did not get any breakfast was disappointing. I think next time I will try a different hotel. Below are the details.
(1) The building is beautiful. The decoration is old style but not old!, it is clean and well-maintained.
(2) Close to Vikings stadium.
(3) Room is well decorated (again, in an old-style). Toilet and shower worked well. Bed was nice.
(4) On weekdays, I was able to enjoy the Lounge on the same floor as my room (4th), with water and nonalcoholic beverages, light snacks, and breakfast, and some fruits (see Cons as well).
(5) Staff was nice to me.
(1) Located sort of middle of nowhere. Long walk to the university (10-15min). Long walk (like 15-20 min) to the center of the Downtown. If you have a car it's fine, but I didn't...
(2) The lounge was closed during the weekend. Maybe I wasn't careful listening when I was checking in, but I was disappointed to find out that the lounge is closed two days out of my three day visit (no free breakfast or soft drinks). I asked there is any alternative offered for the closed lounge at the front desk, but the answer was "no. you need to pay..."
(3) There weren't many people at the front desk. Service was efficient but sometimes I was frustrated by the wait. It was especially frustrating because there seem to be people doing other stuff but they were not available for answering quick questions for example.
(4) My room was sort of small, for the mid-west standard.
(5) No swimming pool. They have a gym of course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel is the perfect blend of history and style. We are located in downtown Minneapolis' Historic Mill District on the banks of the Mississippi River yet close to Nicollet Mall, popular local dining, sports venues, theater the riverfront area. Discover something new and exciting at our Renaissance Hotel. Our hotel has exceptional dining at Milwaukee Road. We are also connected to a seasonal indoor ice rink at the Residence Inn by Marriott hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Minneapolis
- The Depot Minneapolis Renaissance Hotel
- Minneapolis Renaissance