“Superb Customer Service”

Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a two-night business trip. Prior to my arrival I called the hotel with various questions. David and Liz were both helpful and extremely knowledgeable. From the moment I checked into the hotel the entire staff went out of there way to make me feel at home. This is such a rare trait in todays hotel market. Thanks to the entire Depot Renaissance team for the Texas size welcome!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

WillPwr-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you received such great customer service from us. We always share great comments about individuals with our entire team and I will be sure to share yours with both David and Liz. It is fantastic hearing that we helped you feel at home with us during your business trip and we hope you'll be our guest again in the future. Thank you again for your review!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for my nephew's graduation from the U of Minn - the staff was friendly and cooperative, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The lounge did get a little loud, but it was a pleasant, attractive spot to have a drink or grab a bite to eat. They also had a "DJ" playing music on Friday night, which was fun...I do agree that the lobby area gets pretty congested and they try to fit a lot of things into a small area - sundries, the lounge, the front desk, etc. but it is certainly manageable. The outdoor area has seating and a firepit and they do special events like barbeques, which makes it rather unique. My husband and I were able to walk to the Flour Mill Museum, the "Riverwalk" area, the Twins game, and a fun little brewery so, while it is not right on Nicolette Mall (but close enough to walk to), it is definitely accessible to lots of activities. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Breezy41-

Thank you for taking the time to review the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope your nephew's graduation was a very special time for you. I'm sorry you encountered issues in terms of lobby traffic, with large events in-house there tend to be lots of people as well, which can leave to slight 'traffic jams'. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our DJ as well as the surronding neighborhood and some of the interesting sites that go along with it! I hope we get to host you again soon and thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

For some time now, I have been intrigued by this bit of architecture in the Minneapolis skyline. I finally decided to take a chance and book a room for a weekend downtown.

First Impressions:

This lobby is crowded and it is very hot in here. The noise level is extreme and I can barely make it to the registration desk because all the people in the lobby. "Ouch, that's my ankle!" I shouted as the luggage cart came crushing down on my ankle. From behind I was being attacked by a rogue hotel luggage cart and a crazy woman pushing it and yelling, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" as she careened through the lobby. The walk down the hallway to the elevators is quite a trek and then the walk to the room on the floor hallway is even a further trek. There are people congregating around my room door in the hallway, drinking and partying as I approach my room. Where am I?

The room OK but there was no fridge in it.

I ate in the hotel restaurant. A $38.00 New York Strip is what I ordered. What I got was a piece of grizzle left over from some old Bonanza Steak House. Not good! and that was just for the steak. Everything else was al la carte!

Won't go there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have stayed at the Depot properties over a dozen times in the 6 years since we have had kids (now 6, 4, and 1) and every stay gets better and better. The management is incredibly attentive to the details of our needs and we have never once been disappointed with their responses if we had any kind of problem during our stays. The food at the buffet breakfast is better than you can get at most 5 star restaurants and the servers are so kind (even when the kids are not in the best form). We come here for the luxury accomodations and service in combination with the waterpark and ice rink, as well as the convenient location and AWESOME staff! We even threw the best shower for my relatives at Charleys and the setting was beautiful, the servers sweet and the food was delicious!

Room Tip: The historic suites are amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Myriahmor-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. It's great hearing that you've had a chance to visit us multiple times and I'm so happy to hear that you've enjoyed yourselves each time. We're so happy that you're able to enjoy the 'extras' we offer on property, such as the waterpark and restaurant and I'm thrilled we were able to host such a special event for you! Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Staff is excellent, rooms very clean, pool area was great for kids, breakfast buffet was excellent, and lounge was good to. I loved walking around the hotel and looking at all the history on and next to the walls, lots of charm in this historic place and yet the place was still modern. Also, it's a 5 minute walk to the Mill City Museum as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Brittany E, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

JSilva12-

I am thrilled to hear you had such a great time with us at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am so happy you were able to utilize the various areas of the hotel and that you enjoyed all of it. It's also great to hear that you were out exploring our neighborhood and the Mill City Museum. Thank you so much for taking the time to reivew our hotel, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Booked this hotel because it was the location for a 3 day training venue. All the major things you would think about were perfect especially the friendliness of the staff and restaurant people. Room service was prompt. The room, hallways, outdoor patio, elevators, training hall, etc. were clean and well maintained. There were plenty of staff running around providing fresh water and picking up after the attendees. The building itself is a very interesting rail station conversion and there were plenty of rail memorabilia in the lobby area. The room had a nice desk with all the outlets for computers and devices and plenty of lighting options. The heating system was modern and quiet and I did not find it overly dry in the room. The king bed was comfy and there were plenty of pillows.

Room Tip: Higher floor had the best view. 5th floor is the highest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FoodandTea_Lover
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Kathy T-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and am especially happy to hear that our staff was so attentive during your work event. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our Banquet staff as well. I hope you are able to make your way back and stay for pleasure next time instead! Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

It's often hard to find kid friendly hotel in downtown areas of bigger cities. The Depot Renaissance offers fun things for kids and a wonderful location. This hotel has an ice skating rink, water park, and it just blocks away from arenas, the river, and downtown. Parking is super convenient and there are great dining options within walking distance. The hotel staff were very accommodating and kudos to the waterpark staff for enforcing rules so everyone can enjoy themselves. Hotel gets 4 instead of a 5 for subpar and expensive room service food.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TrickTaylor
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

TrickTaylor-

I'm happy to hear you were able to entertain the kids with our ice rink and waterpark and I'm happy to hear you were able to explore the downtown area while visiting! I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your room service order but I'm happy you encountered friendly staff while with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown

Been to Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot? Share your experiences!