Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$190
US$167
  • Room Service
Minneapolis Marriott City Center(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$193
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$166
US$152
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$149
Agoda.com
aloft Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$118
US$191
  • Restaurant
All reviewshistoric suitesice rinkdunn brotherstrain stationnice hotelfire pitmill districtmississippi riverthe club loungecity museumthe stone arch bridgeunderground parkingbreakfast buffet isguthrie theaterrestaurant stafffront desk staffstayed here for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We took our two young boys (3, 1) to stay at The Depot because of the train theme water park, and found a family package that made the cost reasonable considering the high quality of the property, amenities and service.

The boys loved the water park, the train area has three water slides that are perfect for kids under 5, and the zero-depth pool (8" to 1+') made it perfect for both of our kids to splash and play. There was a deeper pool (3' to 5') that had a basketball hoop, a large "log" for bigger kids to play on and a climbing rope. The log was under a massive "shower" that emptied every 15 minutes or so, splashing the kids on the log. There was also a large water slide for the bigger kids and adults.

The stay was perfect, and we'd absolutely do it again. The highlight for the "dad" in the group was a terrific brunch spread (omelette bar, pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, donuts, fruit, cereal, waffles, etc).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank deerjt
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Deerjt-

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance. It sounds like you and your family had an enjoyable time! I'm happy you were able to utilize our waterpark. It's great that we have an option for families looking to be in the downtown area but need to entertain the younger kids. I'm also happy to hear that 'dad' got to enjoy the brunch that Charley's offers. I hope he left full!

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay! I hope you and your family have a chance to come visit us again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had a quick layover in Minneapolis and stayed at The Depot. The staff was great as was the location - especially to the Light Rail. Because of the quick trip, I had left my I-Pad Mini in the Room. The Staff was very quick to not only find it, keep it safe but to send it to me. Many thanks to Debbie Henkleman in Housekeeping for sending it to me.

Room Tip: Top Floor Looking at the City or the River
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Keith-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the light rail while visiting and I'm happy to hear we were able to assist in finding your iPad. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great for our family! The staff was very attentive and the location couldn't be beat. We were within walking distance to the Twins stadium (15-20 min walk). The hotel is a little off the main downtown area, do exploring during the day with kids was doable and safe.

The waterpark was nice for our 2 year-old, although I can't imagine that older kids would be too entertained.

I recommend adding on the waterpark tickets and breakfast with the room price. The breakfast was unbelievable (can you say gourmet doughnuts & omelet bar?) and the restaurant staff was so nice.

I would definitely stay here again, although if I were traveling without kiddos, I might find something more in the heart if the city.

• Stayed: June 2014
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

VanillaSpice45-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I'm happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our package that includes breakfast and the waterpark. We love being able to entertain both adults and kids in our downtown location. I'm happy to hear you had a chance to explore the area! While we might be a bit outside of the heart of downtown, I'm glad you and your family were able to experience some of the great places to walk to. I hope you have a chance to bring your family back for another visit soon! We'll make sure to have plenty of gourmet doughnuts waiting! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed for two days in conjunction with the hotel being host for the Minneapolis Marathon. The hotel did a good job with the logistics of hosting the event. The personnel were very helpful with directions to area amenities, and gave me a 2 pm late checkout to facilitate my running the marathon and getting back to shower up. The hotel was located very well only two blocks from the Government Plaza light rail stop direct from the airport just 25 min. away for $1.75. A block away was the Mississippi River, the Mill Ruins, the falls, and jogging/bike trails. Many riverfront attractions are in the immediate area. Two blocks away is a pedestrian street called the Mall where you find shopping and real nice bars and restaurants away from the River. The same light rail can take you to the Mall of American on one end and to Target Field to see a game on the other. I would recommend staying here when visiting Downtown. The room was great, except that the window covering was ventian blinds without any additional curtain covering. It went with the decor of the room great, but let in too much light if one is trying to sleep late.

Room Tip: If trying to sleep late, take a room on the North side so you don't get direct sun blaring through the venetial blinds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Ralph R-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. We love being the host hotel for so many marathons in the Minneapolis area and I'm happy to hear we were able to accomodate your late check-out. I'm sorry to hear you found it difficult to sleep with the light coming through your window coverings! I will be sure to look into ways we can remedy this issue for future guests. It sounds like you had a chance to do a lot of exploring while you were with us, something that I also love to hear from our guests. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We reserved this hotel for a long weekend to explore Minneapolis and attend some plays at the Guthrie Theater. This is an interesting hotel in a good to great location. Price was really good too for our dates. The building is a restored train depot and is historically interesting. The hotel is more linear than many so not as compact as some. Still, we enjoyed it. Good breakfasts and freindly helpful staff. Recommended!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues you should probably request a room near the elevator. Upper floors are nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

JayF-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! I love hearing that the staff you encountered was friendly and helpful and that you'll recommend us! We love being uniquely built and enjoy sharing the fun details about the train depot when anyone asks. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our breakfast as well and hope you left full! Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again soon!