Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Ranked #19 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for a conference in June 2014. The hotel was reasonably priced (probably due to the group discount!) My room was excellent. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Room service was delivered on time. The location was convenient to see downtown! It is close to the theater as well as within walking distance to good restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Biian-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and found the staff to be friendly. It sounds like you were able to get out and enjoy some of the surronding areas as well; always an exciting part of any trip. I hope you have a chance to visit us again outside of business travel!

Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here recently for the second time. Both were great experiences. Clean, spacious rooms. Very easy parking and entrance/exit. Nice bar/restaurant area. Best of all, being a train lover, were the numerous artifacts, historical figures and early 1900's rail travel poster art. Like having a mini train museum in the lobby areas.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

conduc2r7-

Thank you for your review of the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am happy you were able to visit us for a second time and that you were able to enjoy the amenities available at the hotel. I'm also happy to hear you're able to enjoy the railroad memorabilia featured within the hotel. It's always exciting for us to have visitors who are rail fanatics and can enjoy the various pieces of history we have.

Thank you again! I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a nice hotel, but nothing spectacular. The staff was friendly, efficient, and was happy to answer questions or provide directions when asked. Our king bedded room was clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. However, the bathroom was small and the vanity area, which was located outside the bathroom, only had one sink and very little counter space. There was a fridge, and microwave, but no safe inside the room. This hotel is located in downtown Minneapolis and only a 5-7 minute walk from a light rail station that will transport you to the airport for as little as $1.75. There’s a Whole Foods and several restaurants within easy walking distance. I would probably stay here again the next time I visit Minneapolis

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

JoLUVS2TRAVEL-

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance. I am happy to hear your found the staff to be friendly and efficient; always a favorite comment for managers to hear. I am also happy that you were able to explore the local area including the restaurants and the new Whole Foods. I do also appreciate your comments regarding the room. We take all suggestions very seriously and we are already in the process of looking for in-room safes. Should your travels bring you to Minneapolis again, I hope you will choose the Renaissance for your overnight stay.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We took our two young boys (3, 1) to stay at The Depot because of the train theme water park, and found a family package that made the cost reasonable considering the high quality of the property, amenities and service.

The boys loved the water park, the train area has three water slides that are perfect for kids under 5, and the zero-depth pool (8" to 1+') made it perfect for both of our kids to splash and play. There was a deeper pool (3' to 5') that had a basketball hoop, a large "log" for bigger kids to play on and a climbing rope. The log was under a massive "shower" that emptied every 15 minutes or so, splashing the kids on the log. There was also a large water slide for the bigger kids and adults.

The stay was perfect, and we'd absolutely do it again. The highlight for the "dad" in the group was a terrific brunch spread (omelette bar, pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, donuts, fruit, cereal, waffles, etc).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank deerjt

Deerjt-

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance. It sounds like you and your family had an enjoyable time! I'm happy you were able to utilize our waterpark. It's great that we have an option for families looking to be in the downtown area but need to entertain the younger kids. I'm also happy to hear that 'dad' got to enjoy the brunch that Charley's offers. I hope he left full!

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay! I hope you and your family have a chance to come visit us again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had a quick layover in Minneapolis and stayed at The Depot. The staff was great as was the location - especially to the Light Rail. Because of the quick trip, I had left my I-Pad Mini in the Room. The Staff was very quick to not only find it, keep it safe but to send it to me. Many thanks to Debbie Henkleman in Housekeeping for sending it to me.

Room Tip: Top Floor Looking at the City or the River
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Keith-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the light rail while visiting and I'm happy to hear we were able to assist in finding your iPad. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great for our family! The staff was very attentive and the location couldn't be beat. We were within walking distance to the Twins stadium (15-20 min walk). The hotel is a little off the main downtown area, do exploring during the day with kids was doable and safe.

The waterpark was nice for our 2 year-old, although I can't imagine that older kids would be too entertained.

I recommend adding on the waterpark tickets and breakfast with the room price. The breakfast was unbelievable (can you say gourmet doughnuts & omelet bar?) and the restaurant staff was so nice.

I would definitely stay here again, although if I were traveling without kiddos, I might find something more in the heart if the city.

• Stayed: June 2014
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

VanillaSpice45-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I'm happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our package that includes breakfast and the waterpark. We love being able to entertain both adults and kids in our downtown location. I'm happy to hear you had a chance to explore the area! While we might be a bit outside of the heart of downtown, I'm glad you and your family were able to experience some of the great places to walk to. I hope you have a chance to bring your family back for another visit soon! We'll make sure to have plenty of gourmet doughnuts waiting! Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed for two days in conjunction with the hotel being host for the Minneapolis Marathon. The hotel did a good job with the logistics of hosting the event. The personnel were very helpful with directions to area amenities, and gave me a 2 pm late checkout to facilitate my running the marathon and getting back to shower up. The hotel was located very well only two blocks from the Government Plaza light rail stop direct from the airport just 25 min. away for $1.75. A block away was the Mississippi River, the Mill Ruins, the falls, and jogging/bike trails. Many riverfront attractions are in the immediate area. Two blocks away is a pedestrian street called the Mall where you find shopping and real nice bars and restaurants away from the River. The same light rail can take you to the Mall of American on one end and to Target Field to see a game on the other. I would recommend staying here when visiting Downtown. The room was great, except that the window covering was ventian blinds without any additional curtain covering. It went with the decor of the room great, but let in too much light if one is trying to sleep late.

Room Tip: If trying to sleep late, take a room on the North side so you don't get direct sun blaring throu...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Ralph R-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. We love being the host hotel for so many marathons in the Minneapolis area and I'm happy to hear we were able to accomodate your late check-out. I'm sorry to hear you found it difficult to sleep with the light coming through your window coverings! I will be sure to look into ways we can remedy this issue for future guests. It sounds like you had a chance to do a lot of exploring while you were with us, something that I also love to hear from our guests. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon! Thank you again for your review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
#4 of 52 in Minneapolis
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites

Been to Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot? Share your experiences!