“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Twin Cities!”

Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else in the Twin Cities!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

WE have had over a dozen incredible stays at The Depot over the last 6 years and it just keeps getting better and better. The management, the staff at the restaurants and front desk are just incredibly friendly and helpful. Besides being beautiful, the buildings are historic yet extremely well maintained. Liz and Brittney are always helpful with taking care of all of our reservations and special needs (traveling alone with 3 kids....these guys make it seem like a breeze!) and Ronnie always takes care of all our dining needs at Charley's restaurant. I'm not kidding....the omlette's that the gentleman that has been cooking up there for years at the breakfast buffet has mastered his craft! Delicious and get this...they serve those amazing maple donuts with bacon on top! Thank you Depot for making it so easy for us to know where we're staying each time we come to MN!!

Room Tip: The Suites are to die for! Totally worth it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Myriahmor
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Myriahmor-

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Depot Renaissance! I am so happy that we are able to make your travelling with three kids a little bit easier. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon, and again, thank you so much for your review and loyalty. Guests like you are what make our jobs so enjoyable!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Downtown location. Very clean and friendly. Nice workout room. Full service with good food and cool bar. Great little patio out back. Only a few blocks from Nicolette Mall Area with great little eateries and bars. Best value and highly recommend when in MSP.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Arkansas B
Arkansas B-

Thank you for taking the time to review the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to utilize many different areas of the hotel. It sounds like you were also able to explore the surronding areas which is something Renaissance brands encourage for it's guests. I hope you have a chance to stay again soon!

Thanks again!
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Depot Renaissance is located near the riverfront area with many restaurants, biking, walking, and running opportunities near by. The hotel is part of an old depot which provides for some interesting historical context. The hotel is a short walk from the light rail station providing access to the airport and Target field. However, the rooms, service, and amenities are nothing special. I expected more from a "Renaissance" hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mike V-

Thank you for bringing your concerns surronding staff service and the amenities provided to my attention. While we do try very hard to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable, enjoyable time with the best in guest service, we let you down. I am truly sorry that your stay was not what you have come to expect from a Renaissance property. I do hope that you will stay again so that we can show you the best in terms of service.

All the best,
Wentworth, SD
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Everyone from the front desk to the valet were wonderful. The in house restaurant (Charlie's) served great food! Our waitress, Amy, was very helpful and attentive. It was walking distance to shop downtown or walk over the bridge to an area where everyone seemed to be out walking their dog or riding a bike because the weather was beautiful.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Suite that was bigger than we needed.
Green Features: I like the fact that they provided recycling bins near the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sue A -

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am happy to hear you encountered such friendly staff, especially Amy, and I will be sure she is recognized for her helpfulness and attentiveness. I am glad you also enjoyed our green initiative!

Thank you again for your review, I hope you have a chance to visit us again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights and was extremely pleased. The rooms are very clean with very nice comfortable beds. The staff were all so nice and very helpful. The location of the hotel was excellent. Near the theatres, waterfront and right downtown. I dined at the hotel one evening and the food and service were excellent!! I would highly recommend this hotel if u are looking to stay in the downtown Minneapolis area. Just a little side note, if your room faces the street it will be loud at night so u may want to consider a room not facing the street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mishwex-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am happy to hear that the staff you encountered while staying with us was so helpful and I'm happy to hear you got to enjoy some of the sites near our property. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon.

Thank you again for your review!
Two Harbors, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Had an overall wonderful experience at the depot renaissance hotel. Great location with so many restaurants and attractions within walking distance. Didn't have a chance to get to Charley's restaurant in the lobby but saw that it had good reviews. Staff was so welcoming and helpful throughout the stay, especially Charles and Tom at the front desk. Look forward to going back sometime soon.

Stayed July 2014
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Ashley D-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our location and the many things to see around the hotel. We will be sure to recognize Tom and Charles for their service to you. We hope you have a chance to visit again soon! Thank you again!
Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel was really nice! It is located right downtown near the river and is within walking distance to many great restaurants, bars, museums, and many options for things to do. The hotel has great historical facts throughout about the history of the Railway Depot with statues all around which are really quite nice. We stayed in one of the historic suites that was very comfortable and nice. We were shown to the club suite while we waited for our room to be ready which was not a long time at all. We had arrived early in the afternoon. The front desk personnel was quite helpful and gave us some great tips for sightseeing of the river and places to eat lunch. My husband is a platinum member and we went to dinner that evening to return to find a birthday card and bottle of wine. The card had been signed by numerous staff members. It was really quite a nice gesture. We were traveling on business and it really was nice to see how a small gesture went a long way. We did order room service for breakfast which came in a very timely manner. We each ordered the Minnesota omelet. It was really unique. It had black wild rice in it, I really enjoyed it. I am not so sure my husband did but I guess what I really liked about it was it was so different. It's not like any other omelet I have ever had before. This hotel has an ice skating rink that I believe is seasonal and it also has an indoor water park. It is a very nice hotel with excellent service and in a great location to downtown. I would highly recommend the hotel to all and I would definitely stay here again when traveling.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the historic suites and I did hear that the suites are nicer than the other room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Christine-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. It is great to hear that you and your husband had a chance to explore some of the area even though you were here on business. It's great to hear that you appreciate the history of our building as well and were able to learn a little more about it. Hopefully you can visit during the winter months when our ice rink is open for skating!

Thank you again for your review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
aloft Minneapolis
aloft Minneapolis
#24 of 49 in Minneapolis
The Westin Minneapolis
The Westin Minneapolis
#21 of 49 in Minneapolis

Been to Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot? Share your experiences!