“Great Destination in Minn.”

Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We had the opportunity to vacation in Minneapolis with our daughter and stayed at the Depot Renaissance. it was a great experience. Check-in was efficient even though we arrived early. The room was spacious and comfortable. I cannot say enough for the location which got us to every activity we wanted through out the Minneapolis area. We have been long time Marriott owners and this franchise continues to deliver good quality service and value.

Room Tip: we had a great room as part of the Marriott elite program.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Brittany E, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Willsman-

Thank you for your five star review of your stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy time with your daughter and took advantage of our location to explore downtown Minneapolis. I'm also happy to hear you were able to get into your room early and that you found it to be comfortable for you and your family. If your travels bring you back to Minneapolis again, I hope you will consider us for accommodations.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Everything was very nice. Clean room, pleasant and very helpful staff. On site restaurant with good service and food. Hotel was convenient to where I was going. I didn't have a car so I am unsure of the parking situation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

MinnesotaJag-

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm happy to hear the room was comfortable and that the staff you encountered were friendly. I'm glad it was also convenient in terms of location to where you were going while in Minneapolis. I hope, if you find yourself needing accomodations in the area again, you will consider us.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is a tough hotel to review. You want to rate it well but there are just too many issues to warrant doing so. First, it may be the loudest hotel in the U.S. I was on the street side close to the main entrance on the 2nd floor so I knew it wouldn't be quiet. But, the noise begins at about 2am with the trash trucks and delivery trucks. There is no relief from the noise that continues the rest of the night. I could hear every outside conversation from my room. Second, the hotel allows smoking directly outside the front door. It permeates the rooms above as you have a wall mounted a/c unit directly above the smoking area. Cab and limo drivers congregate there and most are smoking. This goes on 18 hours a day. Friends staying on the same side of the hotel complained of the same issue. Third, the housekeeping is at best marginal. They cleaned the floor one time in 4 days. Because I was a long term occupant they essentially made the bed and changed the towels. I noticed no cleaning. A hotel that wants a good rating starts with clean rooms and halls. Although the bar is hideously expensive for the service you come to expect that in a hotel. We were served food during our conference. It was good and well presented. I suggest to the manager that housekeeping be the focus as there is little to do with the poorly insulated rooms. Take along ear plugs unless you want to hear your neighbors and everyone outside.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street side. Get in a corner if you can. Take along ear plugs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Traveler1Denver_Co
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I love Marriott and I love Renaissance. While we had a fine three-night experience here, I can't say I was wowed. It was clean, modern, efficient, and all that. It just didn't sizzle. That's probably because this hotel's location I believe tends to make it more convention and tourist oriented.

In any event, check-in was efficient, and my wife's Platinum status acknowledged even though she wasn't checking in until much later. The room was by no means large, but was modern, clean, and had a nice decor. Cocktails in the bar were terrific. They have a nice array of bourbons, ryes and scotches. We never did eat in the restaurant (we were in for a family wedding, thus most meals were outside the hotel). They have a nice outdoor loung with a gas firepit, though it merely overlooks the parking lot. The water pressure and shower were outstanding.

Hints: (1) Parking in the lot across the street is $5.50 per day; in the hotel lot it's $15-20 per day. (2) The Stone Arch Bridge is just a couple of blocks away, and makes a nice, short stroll across the mighty Mississippi. (3) Dunn Bros. Coffee has an outlet next to the front entrance; you want to get your morning coffee at Dunn's.

4  Thank SkyKingBoston

SkyKingBoston-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and it is great to hear that you are loyal to Marriott properties, as illustrated by your wife's Platinum status. I'm sorry to hear that you were missing the "sizzle" during your stay and I will certainly address your comments with our various departments to see what we can do to up the "sizzle" factor for all of our future guests. I do hope that you have a chance to visit us again soon.

Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a 3 hour normal drive turn into a 5 hour pouring rain, traffic filled trip, just to stay overnight while traveling through. Unfortunately our bags on the back rack of the car, we thought were packed water tight in tarp and bags which did not survive the pouring rain. The overhang and check in could not have been better, as we unpacked our soggy luggage and the bellman was overly helpful in where to park since we had a car carrier also on top of the car, we were able to park underground and to our surprise park near the elevator which took us right to our 2nd floor floor and room right around the corner. The front desk was able to direct me to the adjoining Residence Inn with washer and dryers to dry our clothes. Very nice clean hotel easy to access. Water park was closed and bit disappointing that only Fri - Sun limited hours. After dinner the kids found a Ice Cream shop 7 blocks away they wanted to go to. I was not familiar with the area so I asked the front desk and she was so helpful to assure us the kids would be safe to walk to Izzy's Ice cream shop.

Paul O-

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Depot Renaissance. I am sorry to hear you had such a tough time getting to us, not the best way to start a vacation to say the least! I am happy to hear our bellman staff was helpful and that you were able to get your items clean by utilizing the washer and dryer. I hope you enjoyed Izzy's ice cream as well! It is definitely a safe walk and Izzy's is a local favorite.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we get the chance to see you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

WE have had over a dozen incredible stays at The Depot over the last 6 years and it just keeps getting better and better. The management, the staff at the restaurants and front desk are just incredibly friendly and helpful. Besides being beautiful, the buildings are historic yet extremely well maintained. Liz and Brittney are always helpful with taking care of all of our reservations and special needs (traveling alone with 3 kids....these guys make it seem like a breeze!) and Ronnie always takes care of all our dining needs at Charley's restaurant. I'm not kidding....the omlette's that the gentleman that has been cooking up there for years at the breakfast buffet has mastered his craft! Delicious and get this...they serve those amazing maple donuts with bacon on top! Thank you Depot for making it so easy for us to know where we're staying each time we come to MN!!

Room Tip: The Suites are to die for! Totally worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Myriahmor

Myriahmor-

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Depot Renaissance! I am so happy that we are able to make your travelling with three kids a little bit easier. I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon, and again, thank you so much for your review and loyalty. Guests like you are what make our jobs so enjoyable!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Downtown location. Very clean and friendly. Nice workout room. Full service with good food and cool bar. Great little patio out back. Only a few blocks from Nicolette Mall Area with great little eateries and bars. Best value and highly recommend when in MSP.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Arkansas B

Arkansas B-

Thank you for taking the time to review the Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to utilize many different areas of the hotel. It sounds like you were also able to explore the surronding areas which is something Renaissance brands encourage for it's guests. I hope you have a chance to stay again soon!

Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot
Warehouse District
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Loews Minneapolis Hotel
#4 of 52 in Minneapolis

Been to Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot? Share your experiences!