“Living up to the hype....”

The Bachelor Farmer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bachelor Farmer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,816 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: North First Street
Description: The Bachelor Farmer serves fresh and simple food that honors Minnesota's Nordic heritage.
Minneapolis, MN
“Living up to the hype....”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I'm glad I finally made it to the most-talked-about new restaurant in the warehouse district. The appetizer du jour was intriguing... duck hearts... perfectly cooked and accompanied by fingerling potatoes. The main courses for me was the poached eggs, with leeks and Brussels sprouts, and for my friend, the venison... once again perfectly cooked. The deserts were as thoughtfully prepared and interesting... a thyme sorbet, and chocolate mousse and a pop corn ice cream with caramel and sea salt. The service was the way I like it, knowledgeable, friendly, a bit reserved and efficient. The staff kept genuinely thanking us for coming even though the place was jam packed and has long waiting lists. The atmosphere was welcoming, a bit rustic but chic. The overall value is very good given the quality of the ingredients, but in the higher price range when adding decent wine.
A great experience overall. A must-go-back place for sure!

• Visited March 2012

st paul
“Bar Beneath Restaurant- Very Kool”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stopped in at 1045 pm, after the show- staff was v. friendly, explained several cocktail options and patiently answered our questions. A very interesting place for a night cap; bar staff was v. friendly and accomodating; we ordered a variety of drinks and we were all happy with the adventure of it all! A fun place to go for a cocktail! (Will return for dinner upstairs in restaurant, "Bachelor Farmer" but they require advance reservations, so plan ahead for dinner reservations~)

• Visited March 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“New restaurant fun in Minneapolis!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Just ate at the Bachelor Farmer for the first time and it was fantastic! It was packed on a Monday night, so that should say something! The service was friendly and very helpful and the food was amazing! Two friends had the elk sausage (Yum!) and two of us had the poached egg entree with leeks, brussel sprouts and a Hollandaise-like sauce (Amazing!). We also shared two "toasts" (appetizers) - the duck liver pate and a shrimp dish, both of which we very good! I am guessing, given how busy they were on a Monday night, that reservations are advisable. All in all a great meal...I will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Not all its cracked up to be, dont believe the hype”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Great to see a new resturaunt in town that came with some big hype, but failed to live up to the "hype" that the press gave it. Food was average and didn't find anyting extra "special" about it. They do provide for some different dishes of Scandinavian origin that were good. Service is average.

• Visited November 2011
Minneapolis, MN
“Hot new spot, worth the trip”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I was a very bad guest arriving very late for my reservation with another couple. I was happy to find my friends seated and waiting for us without getting rushed out the door. This place is hopping, and I am sure they didn't appreciate me being 45 minutes late. The waitress was very friendly and understanding. I will go back again (on time.)

I had the fish, and my husband had the duck. Both were terrific. Corkage is $20. The atmostphere is kitchsy, but cute. Make reservations in advance, this is a tough spot to get into,.

Visited November 2011