“trendy, tasty, pricey goodness”

The Bachelor Farmer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bachelor Farmer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: North First Street
Description: The Bachelor Farmer serves fresh and simple food that honors Minnesota's Nordic heritage.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“trendy, tasty, pricey goodness”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

first off this is very trendy restaurant, and many of the people there were (i should say all but me) well dressed. they will still serve you if you are not wearing a suit or dont look like a fashion trendsetter dont worry. your money is still good here,a nd you will need it.

the atmosphere is a bit noisy and the tables are cozy so you will be getting to know the people next to you. it is for very social people.

the food is very tasty, the menu is limited but the array of tastes is very varied. the appetizers are very well served. i would say the entrees are small but given that the appetizers are so well done the entrees are just right. every bite is a flavor experience, from the duck liver pate to the pork bellies and picked greens. it is a place to come and share appetizers with your mates. it is not a place to come alone or for an intimate dinner (in my opinion)

the staff is friendly and attentive. but the atmosphere again was noisy, that is the reason for the four stars.

it is pricey, so be ready and please please bet reservations. the line can be long and people stay here for a while.

2 Thank graycloudrios

Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“A unique experience for the adventurous”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

A friend recommended that I try out The Bachelor Farmer while I was in town, and I can see why. My husband and I were unable to get a reservation on our first try, but were successful in getting a table the next evening. I immediately loved the décor and atmosphere--a modern and fresh take on Nordic/Scandinavian style. We shared a "toasts" appetizer that was so-so (could have used a bit more flavor), but agreed that the ribs with maple syrup jus were amazing. We also had the duck confit and a warm popover on the side (yum!), served with a very nice wine. Our waitress was delightful, and again the overall atmosphere was modern and cozy. I wasn't sure what I was getting into, as I am not an expert on Scandinavian fare, but I was open to a new experience and enjoyed it. My husband, on the other hand, is a bit more cautious, and I don't know if he would rate it as highly as I am. Still, with the rooftop farm, I can see why this is a special place in Minneapolis. It's worth the experience if you're in the area.

Melbourne, Florida
“You have to try it”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We visited from Florida and my brother lives in the neighborhood so we thought we would give this place a try. We had to wait for a table for an hour and half but the staff more than made up for it. The food was fantastic and the eclectic drinks were wonderful. Try the breakfast whiskey! The food was fantastic and worth every second of the wait. The wait staff and bar staff were funny and welcoming and went way out if their way to make us feel welcome and "part of the family" especially Joseph. Great atmosphere, great food, great drinks and a great staff. How can you go wrong?

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Impeccable timing”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

What a delight from beginning to end! We were walk ins but , were quickly seated after spending some time at the bar. The bar tender was so accommodating a friendly, which proved to be the case for all wait staff. Some of the best service I've ever had! As I am Scandinavian I found the menu to be a loose interpretation of Scandinavian food, but none the less delicious! I will say that I find timing of each dish so incredibly important to a diner and BF were just spot on! The dishes came out neither too fast or too slow, giving you the time to enjoy everything but no so long that you are wondering where your food went...The charcuterie board is a must! If I had any negative feedback it would be that the desserts didn't quite live up to the rest of the experience...surprising since Scandinavian desserts are delicious in their simplicity. Dining room is great, intimate and cozy! Overall one of the best I've been to in a while!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Love Marvel Bar, but not Bachelor Farmer”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First of all, I have lived in the neighborhood for about a year and been to Marvel Bar a ton (like 1 to 2 times per week) and have had dinner here, but decided to try it for Brunch outside of our normal Smack Shack weekly visit. We heard to get there as close to 10 as possible because seating is first come, first serve. We arrived at 10:20am and were immediately seated. Our server came by, explained the "cart" and the items on it, gave us water and asked us for other beverages. We decided to go for a spicy bloody mary...mistake. In the most condescending voice, our server said, "No. We don't do bloody mary's." We should have left then, but decided to press on. We opted for 2 glasses of bubbles. Our server disappeared and I noticed the "cart" being wheeled around to other tables. Over 20 minutes later, our server returned with the cart.... a cute red cart filled with pastries that they had previously explained as well as were posted on the board. We declined a second time and just asked for bubbles. She then poured us two glasses from a bottle sitting on the cart and left again. Another 10 minutes and we got to order. Our appetizer came out fairly quickly and I have to say was delicious (though had no reference to "brunch" in the least). Our entrees took another 40 minutes after the appetizer, which is a bit ridiculous... to cook eggs. The entrees finally arrived, and again, the food was delicious. We finished off our bubbles and asked for the check. The entire experience took about 2 hours, cost over $120 (and our appetizers ended up being comped... I'm assuming because of the wait) and we left unsatisfied and still hungry. The food being delicious is the only reason this review gets 2 stars and not 1. I will clarify, after the condescending Bloody Mary comment, our server was nothing but over the top nice! However, it's brunch. Who doesn't serve a Bloody Mary at brunch? Any brunch restaurant from cheap to 5 star serves a Bloody Mary, so please don't make me feel stupid for asking for one. I will continue to visit Marvel bar, but The Bachelor Farmer is over for me.

1 Thank PShermanATL