“Beautiful modern hotspot in perfect downtown location”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Graves 601 is elegant, sleek, modern/hip and perfectly located in downtown Minneapolis. Beds are super comfy, service is top notch, hotel decor is beautiful. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank senor_boom
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Thank you for your great review! We truly appreciate hearing from our happy guests. We'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2011

I have stayed here a number of times. Hotel always exceeds all expectations. Ideal location, clean rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are always happy to hear from our loyal guests. We'd love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stay in Minneapolis/St. Paul hotels a number of times a year to enjoy the metro areas amenities and visit friends, Of the six or so properties we have frequented, all of which are lovely, the Graves 601 Minneapolis has just raised the bar to a new level. From the truly attentive front door greeting, to the up beat, contemporary feel throughout the property, the Cosmo's Bar, the room with its sleek decor and ultra comfy bed and pillows....it became our new, 'must stay there' property. No reservations about it......make them at the Graves!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillSteele

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always thrilled to hear from our loyal guests and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Came to Minneapolis for the first time in my life for a wedding. Although the wedding was still a $12 cab ride away, I would very much recommend this hotel for anyone coming to visit Minneapolis.

The hotel has a very modern decor, but not overdone and still feels very cozy. The rooms were very spacious, came with nice comfy robes and lots of seating areas (which I love because I throw my stuff everywhere when I am in a hotel). My only complaint would be that the showers don't have a door. It's the third hotel I've been to this year without a shower door, which I hate because I get cold in the shower easily.

Don't be put off by the fact that you have to take two different elevators on your way to the rooms, the first elevator stops off at the bar, so you might as well pause of a drink. They had a good wine selection, sophisticated selections for bites, and good service by the bartenders.

The hotel will literally spit you out in front of the basketball arena, and the baseball field is just behind that. There are lots of bars and delicious restaurants in the area, got a chance to try a few... and I was actually a little disappointed all of the wedding activities prohibited me from trying more places!

Last little did-bit, there is a spa right next to the hotel lobby. I didn't get a chance to try it, but they even did couples massages in your room. And there is a Starbuck's also in the same building, which is definitely a plus when it's cold and snowing outside!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MigratingBirdie
Patrick C, Owner at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about us. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our happy guests. I’m thrilled to hear that you were able to try out some of our Minneapolis flavor. Between bars, sports, and restaurants, there’s always something new to do. We’d love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2011

I was in Minneapolis for a business trip. The company put me up at Graves 601. This hotel is modern and trendy. It sits across from the Target Center. Apparently there are no shortage of celebrities or professional athletes that stay at this hotel because of its location and hip stylings. There is an available penthouse in case it was necessary. The hotel has a bar on the 4th floor as well as a restaurant. I did not have the opportunity to eat there but my gang lounged at the bar which has an ample selection of spirits. The room I stayed in was a standard room. The decor was stylish. They room includes a mini bar, a large flat panel television, a chaise sofa, and a another television in the bathroom. The bathroom amenities are designer. The hotel does try to be environmentally considerate.

The hotel is in walking distance to multiple bars and restaurants and again across the street from the Target Center. I would stay here again but I would encourage the hotel to put coffee makers in the rooms. I am not sure if they are in some sort of dark collaboration with the attached Starbucks downstairs. I am sure the Starbuck loyalists will purchase there coffee if they wanted to, but I just don't like being forced to.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the room and the location! We love being so close to attractions like the Target Center and lots of fun restaurants. Did you get a chance to try out any of the places in the area? I’ll definitely take your comment about the coffee maker under consideration. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I candidly admit I knew nothing about this hotel before I spent two nights here a few Januarys ago. But my job booked me a room here and, well, I've spent years hoping they'd send me back.

The Graves is very sleek and very modern (akin to a W, I'd say). There is a soft techno soundtrack playing in the lobby at all times which, when combined with the dim lighting, combined to give the space a nightclub-esque feel. There's a slick bar off the lobby that adds to that feel and proved a popular draw -- I saw a member of the New Jersey Nets (in town to play the Timberwolves) get, shall we say, quite cozy with a female fan there one night. No, I won't say which player.

The rooms were also gorgeous. Big windows to provide a stellar city view, a comfortable bed, a flat screen TV. The room was so well-designed I ended up staying in to watch a NFL playoff game. Oh, and there was a second flat screen TV...in the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom. The shower (which had, if I can recall, something like six water jets) was also spectacular.

The hotel is also well-located to explore Minneapolis. It's right in Block E, an enclosed high-end mall that boasts a movie theater, a bar, a nightclub and a few restaurants. Those establishments and much of downtown Minneapolis -- including the Target Center, where I did catch a T-Wolves game -- are all connected by the skyway, an indoor series of passageways. Those came in handy, since it was something like -37 degrees when I was there. Seriously, it hurt to be outside for more than a few minutes.

The cold temps did curtail my exploration of downtown, but we did see some of the restaurants, bars and music clubs that line First Avenue, etc. It's a vibrant, modern city. St. Paul feels older and more stately, but is also charming (the cities really aren't "twins" after all). My free time was limited, but I'd love to go back and see more -- and I'd certainly stay at the Graves.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lemiracle

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely, detailed review. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. Thanks for your discretion about the Nets player—we wouldn’t want to start any tabloid scandals! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the location of the hotel. It can be pretty bitter in January; you should come back for a visit in the spring and summer! We’ve got plenty of fun things to do in Minneapolis. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed here for work last week for a week. Very nice first experience. It feels a bit like a night club when you walk in, very dim though I found friendly staff on the front desk, whenever I needed my car they had it for me in minutes and the room itself was great. I was on the 18th Exec floor, bed was fantastic, shower great - massive space and power shower thingy with about 8 heads. Wireless worked flawlessly bed was VERY comfy.

Location is great, very close to shops/my favorite British pub ;-) Couldn't complain about that.

Couple of things missing for me as silly as they are would be a coffee maker (there isn't one) though Starbucks in the lobby and the valet / wireless soon adds up if you're staying there a long time but i'm sure the Wyndham rewards might give you some kind of deal.

Overall very much liked!

Room Tip: Exec floor has nice views
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Patric C, General Manager at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your room and your stay with us overall! We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. We’re lucky to be in such a great location near so many fun places in downtown Minneapolis. You are correct that there are a lot of benefits to being a Wyndham rewards member; any participating hotel’s front desk staff would be happy to tell you more. We’d love to have you back again soon.

Graves 601 Management