“This Hotel Makes Me Look Forward to Coming to Minneapolis...”

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“This Hotel Makes Me Look Forward to Coming to Minneapolis...”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I have stayed at the Graves 601 two times in the last several months and am going to stay there this Monday through Wednesday - I was just showing my wife the travelers' photos from TripAdvisor. The hotel is well-located, beautifully designed, and has very personal attention to service. I would compare the hotel to the Ian Shrager properties and the Kimpton chain in terms of the differentiation of the design, but I think the service levels are higher and the property is pristine. As a (very) frequent business traveler this hotel ranks in my "must stays" list.

Room Tip: My rooms have been good - I am not sure there is a "bad" room here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our frequent travelers and loyal guests because they have a lot of basis for comparison! I'm happy to hear you enjoy the style and atmosphere of the rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back today!

Graves 601 Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
London
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Spacious and modern rooms, friendly service. Excellent breakfast.

Internet must be purchased, probably the only drawback. Quite enjoyed the bizarre 'elevator' arrangement, which has a pit-stop on the 4th floor.

Most importantly, it is right around the corner from First Avenue nightclub, so checks the Purple Rain box.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lungsten
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm glad to hear you enjoy our rooms, service, breakfast and the pit-stop on the 4th floor. It's great that you explored the nightlife of downtown Minneapolis while you were in town. We'd love to welcome you back again soon!

Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The Graves hotel is upscale and chic. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are to die for. Be sure and have a drink at their bar, Cosmos. The location, right across from the Target Center, is near fun bars and restaurants. The hotel staff are efficient and courteous. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting or for a weekend getaway if you are local.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the jetted showers!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ychick11
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thanks so much for your great review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and even got to experience Cosmos. It's actually a full service restaurant where the chefs are often inventing brand new culinary creations. I hope you'll give it a try the next time you're in town! We'd love to welcome you back.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My husband and stayed here to celebrate my birthday. We had a beautiful room with a spa tub and seperate shower. The bed and linens were wonderful. The location was very close to Target Center and field. It is right next door to the Hard Rock Cafe and 1 block from Fogo de Chao....so so yummy! The staff was very helpful. I would recommend valet parking, just because it's easier. The price for the type of room we had was a little expensive, but it was my birthday :o) Overall, it was a great hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011
Thanks for the review! I'm so glad you chose to spend your birthday with us. We're fortunate to be so close to many of downtown Minneapolis's attractions. We also have a great bar and a delicious restaurant in the building as well. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Minnesota
Reviewed 15 January 2012

If you plan to only sleep and shower here, then you may like it. The beds are wonderfully soft and comfy. The showers are spectacular, though they should probably come with a manual.

However, this is not the hotel for the self-sufficient traveller. From the moment you arrive, you encounter annoyances that make your stay more difficult than it needs to be. If you choose to sel-park, good luck actually finding your way from the ramp into the hotel. The signage is very poor, and you must take one elevator up, walk a ways, and guess as to how to get the rest of the way. There are no vending or ice machines in the hotel. When you need ice, you must call the front desk and have it brought up each and every time. Would you like a soda? The only vending machines are underground in the parking garage. A cup of coffee in the morning? You must get dressed and take two different elevators to get to the main floor Starbucks, then two different elevators back up to your room. There is no coffee pot (or
refrigerator)in the room. Though the beds are comfortable, the furnishings are spartan. You may call them modern, I call them upscale dorm room. Overall, though my stay was comfortable, I just found myself annoyed most of the time.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank knitloon
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm very sorry if you were not satisfied with some aspects of your stay with us. We always strive to help make our guests have an enjoyable vist. We realize the style and layout of our hotel is unique and modern but understand that everyone has different tastes. Thank you for the feedback on coffee makers and signage. Your comments are taken very seriously and these are items we are looking in to as we continue our efforts to provide all of our guests a great and relaxing experience.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I've stayed at the Graves 601 most every week (Mon-Thurs) since October 2011, and I can say that I am very pleased with this property. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are very, very comfortable. Making and changing reservations is very easy to do, especially compared to some of the other "boutique" hotels in the Minneapolis that have minimum stay / corporate rate restrictions. The gym is just fine for travel workouts. The only downside I can point to is the room service menu is somewhat limited, but there are plenty of local options including delivery services for when you want to eat in your room. All in all I highly recommend the Graves for business travel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SoftwareSam
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review. I'm glad you enjoy staying with us! We're always happy to welcome back our regular guests and accommodate their needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Graves 601 is elegant, sleek, modern/hip and perfectly located in downtown Minneapolis. Beds are super comfy, service is top notch, hotel decor is beautiful. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank senor_boom
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you for your great review! We truly appreciate hearing from our happy guests. We'd love to welcome you back again soon.