“average”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel is located in a somewhat remote part of the city- you have to drive or take a cab to most places that I htink about when I think of Minneapolis. Not a deal breaker, but not what we expected. The staff was friendly enough but the hotel was empty. It had no energy. Ice was only available if you called room service, which means a tip, there were no drinking glasses in the room, yno carpet on the floors and although there wewas a dvd and cd player in the room, you had to crawl around on the floor to access the devices. On the good side, the room was attractive, the beds comfy and the shower was amazing. The restaurant on site was pricey, but the food was delicious. Probably wouldn't go back unless I had an amzing deal/

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to provide us feedback. Customer reviews like yours are very important to a business like ours, and we will definitely discuss your comments with the team. It disappoints us that you didn't enjoy your stay more. This has been a particularly frigid winter, so downtown Minneapolis has been mostly low-key and chill (excuse the pun). We are in fact located in the heart of downtown, across from the Target Center and connected to the Skyway, so there is usually a lot happening around here. Visit during a less formidable weather season and you'll see for yourself. As to the amenities, we try to provide our guests with everything we can.

We hope that next time you visit Minneapolis, you give our hotel another shot. Maybe plan your vacation around an event like a concert so that you can make sure you have something to do. If you do, we're sure you'll love your stay that much more.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed at the Graves for a wedding event in December and everything was spectacular. The rooms were really clean, check-in was easy and friendly, valet was good and convenience was really good. I would stay there again. The reason I did not give it a 5 star rating was the staff at the event were not very friendly. I am accustomed to the staff asking if you would like refills of coffee etc. and it was very mechanical. Otherwise, if you are staying in Minneapolis, The Graves is a great choice. Good food also.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double bed room facing Target center. It was very quiet and well lit.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate hearing feedback from our guests. Comments like yours help us to constantly improve our service. The team will be very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, from the comfy rooms to the delicious food. And we will definitely pass on your point about the wedding feeling more mechanical than romantic. It is such an honor for us to have so many happy couples share their big day with our staff, sometimes we try so hard to execute everything perfectly that we can be a little tense.

Whatever the reason for your next visit to Minneapolis, we hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 21 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Although I live within 30 minutes of downtown Minneapolis, My wife and I will do spur of the moment stays a couple times of year at this hotel. This is my second review of this place since it has been a few years since my last review i thought I would do another one. We were downtown for a show at the Guthrie this time.

This is a high end hotel and you are treated this way. When making the reservation I had a gift card that I had gotten the previous week for a Christmas gift. I asked the reservation person for a specific room number.(We spent our wedding night in the room) I was told she would do what she could but there were no guarantees. No problem, the fact that they would try made me feel like they cared. When checking in the front desk male chatted with us and quickly gave us our key card. With a smile he asked if we would like the room number. By the look on his face I knew it was the room I requested.

The rooms are clean, comfortable, and the views breathtaking. Here's a tip pay for the downtown view. If you haven't slept for a week because your kids are screaming and always yelling your name, these beds are for you. You will literally melt into them they are that comfortable.

We generally have a few cocktails at Cosmo's the bar in the Grave's. The drinks aren't cheap but you deserve it. Also there is a good chance you will see someone who you will recognize from TV or the local sport scene.

This hotel goes above and beyond with the quality of product and customer service. We will always stay here when we are downtown.

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade for the downtown view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluelineMinnesota
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Sounds like you had well-deserved, fabulous night's sleep! We're so glad we could help you unwind and enjoy some "me" time. Thanks for choosing us, and for your kind words. We'll be here when you need a night away!

Cheers,
Management

Reviewed 11 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed on a Sunday and after reading the reviews I thought it would be an exciting place to be, but it was very quiet. Although the hotel was nice, the room seemed very stark in it's design. There was no carpeting in the room which made me wish I had my slippers. Another problem was that there was no ice machine. If you needed ice, you needed to call for room service. Because we were on a tight budget, we went without until we had a knock at the door. Staff apparently come around once a night offering ice. That was a pleasent surprise. I was happy to hear that they had a CD player. As far as I am concerned this should be a staple in hotel rooms. The problem was that you had to get down on the cold floor to operate the player. This was also true for the coffee maker. ..which by the way comes with one cup of complimentary expresso. If you want more you need to buy it from the stocked fridge. The beds were very comfy and the shower was fun. It sprays you from the top and the side, getting you nice and clean. Although this was a decent hotel, the next time I am in town, I will look around and stay somewhere else. I suspect that if you stay on the week end or when there is an event at the Target center, the vibe will be much more upbeat. The bar was nice but at $15 a drink...it better be.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Sunandjo,

We appreciate your providing us feedback about your experience, though we are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your visit a little more. It sounds to us like you appreciated a number of our amenities, from the CD player & espresso in your rooms to the nightly door-to-door ice service, but were wanting a little more action in the evenings. We fully understand that desire -- which is why we always direct our visitors looking for a great cocktail to Bradstreet Craftshouse or Cosmos or to the many events that are usually happening in downtown Minneapolis. Next time you come to the city, there will hopefully be more going on—and there's no better place to be a part of the action than right here!

Patrick, Owner