“601 Graves”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nv
“601 Graves”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great place to stay in the downtown theater district of Minneapolis. Our room on the 18th floor looked right onto Target Stadium and the riverfront in the distance. Like the privacy the two columns of elevators provide the guests. Overnight valet is pricey but necessary if you don't want to haul your luggage yourself. Beautiful appointed rooms with plenty of closet space. The only flaw I found was the floors that could have been mopped cleaner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
So happy you enjoyed your stay, George! We're so lucky to be so close to Target Stadium and we are so happy you were able to take advantage of our unique vantage point. Thanks for your note about the floors -- we'll be sure to look into that right away.

Thanks,
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is the second time that my wife and I have stayed at the Graves 601 and it was just as amazing as the first time. If you get a chance to stay there, I highly recommend it. It's right across the street from the Target Center and Target Field. Perfect location and staff is great!

Room Tip: Try and book a corner room if you can. Great views!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pender1978
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I really appreciate you taking the time to show us some love here on TripAdvisor. Next time you're in the area, stop in and visit us.

Best,
Minneapolis
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are from the Minneapolis area and had long looked forward to staying downtown so we could try the Graves. I've always been impressed by pictures of the hotel, and the location is fantastic. Overall, we were pretty let down. The hotel itself is pretty, but our room was tired looking and fairly bare. The shower in the bathroom is large but completely open to the rest of the bathroom. It is so open that my husband and I both froze while showering and most of the bathroom floor was covered with water when we were done. Pictures were falling off the wall in the room we stayed and the view was non-existent. You have to transfer elevators a couple of times to get from the lobby to your room. It seems like a non-complaint, but it gets a little tiresome after several trips up and down. The elevators smelled badly every time, like urine. The staff never seemed particularly happy to be there and we were hurried through check-in and check-out. This isn't a complaint, just a heads-up: $28/night to park your car.

I tried the hotel's new salon/spa and that was, unfortunately, the biggest disappointment. They charge Four Seasons prices and it was a total let-down, not worth half that. I had both hair and makeup done and neither turned out the way I had hoped. For example, I made an appointment for a shampoo/blow dry/iron (which costs more than just a blow dry). After an hour of blow drying my hair, the girl says, "All done." She never used the curling iron, even after I showed her a picture of a curled hairstyle that I wanted. I had to ask her to go through and curl my hair. Both appointments took 45 minutes longer than had been promised, which meant we ended up running late for an event.

I never received an invoice after checking out, from the hotel or salon. Just a charge on my credit card. Who knows what I would have ended up paying for...I had to contact the hotel to receive one. I would never stay here again and wouldn't recommend it for out-of-town visitors either.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jracleveland
Patrick C, Other at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
We're sorry to hear we let you down! Please accept our apologies for both your wait at the salon and our failing to provide you with an invoice. It's unusual that a guest would have to contact us to get a hold of one, and we apologize that that was the case for you. Please know that we plan on using this feedback to identify areas for improvement going forward!