“Authentic cuisine that is absolutely delicious!”

Marla's Caribbean Cuisine
Ranked #236 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you want tasty Caribbean dishes, also beverages, Marla's should be on your bucket list. From the flavorful beef patty to entrees like Roti Tings (traditional rip and dip style w/Dhalpouri, curry channa and potato) and D Big Tings (try the super tender goat!), Marla's cooking is amazing! Even if you can't finish your meal, make a bit o' room so you can enjoy her delicious sweet potato pie. If the restaurant's not too busy and to make your experience even more memorable, seek out Marla. It's her genuine personality and integrity that makes this establishment ever so successful.

2  Thank asis76

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been to Marla's twice. Once before visiting Jamaica, and once after. I definitely appreciated the food more after visiting Jamaica.

Appetizers
The Doubles are unreal. Coco bread is also a must try. You should try the soursop juice at least once - next to fresh papaya, it is my favorite juice ever.

Entrees
The Jerk Vegetables is wonderfully flavorful, spicy, and you get more than enough for two meals.

The down brown stew is very flavorful as well. My girlfriend got it, and I mixed a bit of hers in with my jerk veggies.

Marla's is worth the wait - and being that they have a small space with limited sating, you may find yourself waiting to eat.

If you're looking for fresh, tasty, spicy, authentic Carribbean cuisine, you need to go here. One of my favorite restaurants in the twin cities.

1  Thank joetower
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with the deep flavour of the food and great overall taste. You need to know that it is spicy food compared to most other food I have had and need to check with the waitress as to how hot the food is. I finished off my meal with a piece of sweet potato pie and it was a perfect ending to the meal.

1  Thank Heftyspice
Reviewed 9 October 2013

What can I say about this place? The food is sooooo flavorful and true to it's roots. I am Indian so I know spicy food but they bring it to a whole new level! Can't wait to go back when I'm traveling to MN again.

1  Thank kakarot13
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Excellent! Stopped here for lunch on the way to the airport, and wasn't disappointed. Doubles were nice and spicy, jerk chicken roti was SPICY but wonderful, and chicken curry dumplings were yummy if a bit dense. Next time I'm in Minneapolis I'll want to return.

1  Thank PatnJenCaveCreek_AZ