“Must have food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Prima Italian Restaurant is very unique in every aspect.
Start with menu - its rich and have appetizing variety.
Ambiance compliments everything else. Once you are in there you will forget where you came from, its entirely different from its surrounding.
Servers - Never found one who is having an off day, we have visited this place for a very long time all the servers are friendly, jovial and knowledgeable. Then to the most important part food - I can never imagine anyone complaining even slightest bit about taste. Its just PERFECT. My friendly advice is don't spend too much time looking at the menu just get anything you will not be disappointed. Serving size is something that should not go unnoticed. They don't pile up your plate so much that its dripping from one end neither do they keep it so that you can see bottom of the plate before you dig in. But trust me by the time you are done you will see Bottom of the plate for sure! :)
If you are in town Don't forget to enjoy a meal at Prima.

1  Thank KomMNHome
There are newer reviews for Prima Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants. They catered our daughter's Bat Mitzvah and did a fabulous job. We go their for special occasions. We especially like it as a luncheon place. Their bruschetta is the best ever (you can get it without the olive tapenade, if you prefer), especially in the summer. The salads are wonderful. We love the pasta bolognese and the amatriciana. The service is friendly, efficient, and wonderful! The proprietors grow much of the produce themselves in the summer. The food is fresh and tasty. Our daughter loves their tortellini in alfredo sauce. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank nibletcorn
Reviewed 8 June 2014

the chicken on top of the penne pasta was cooked properly.. However, the amount of the sauce was lacking. the pasta was hard; not el dente at all. Since there was so little sauce, the dish was so disappointing... Anyone that loves gorgonzola knows the taste and it was not there.
the dessert ordered was chocolate flourless cake. The cake was pale, not enough chocolate to be a decant dessert.
You must not skimp on the chocolate for it to be a decadent dessert. I add expresso to my recipe..
I was with a friend that goes to your establishment; that is why i did not send the food back..
I loved the decor and it would be nice if you had paintings of Italy done by local artists. . there are lots of local artists that could grace your walls with nice oil paintings.
very disappointed... Coffee was lukewarm.

Primampls, Owner at Prima Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for the comments. We appreciate the feedback. Next time, as an Owner, I recommend you mention to your server that your meal is not to your liking and that the sauce was lacking. We are more than happy to re-make your meal and be sure that you leave happy. It is not our platform to let Guests leave feeling they have not received good quality food or service. As for the chocolate cake, it has been a staple on our menu for 15+ years and honestly the chocolate is so intense, I recommend that people share. Sorry that wasn't to your specifications. New coffee would have also been brewed for you. We heat our cups to order. Please next time, instead of going on-line and posting bad comments, help us while dining here by allowing us to fix the problem. If we don't, then feel free to call or voice a complaint. Thank you. Jennifer, Owner.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stopped by this restaurant one afternoon after a day of garden shopping. This restaurant just celebrated 15 years in business, and that says something for the quality and consistency of this delightful place.
I had the risotto followed by a lemon ricotta cheesecake. Both were absolutely delicious. My husband had a penne dish along with a decadent chocolate dessert served with gelato. Equally delicious.

It was a very quiet afternoon, and we sat by the window to see the street activity. The waitress was very professional and friendly, and service was excellent.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Went here with my family, I wanted to show them a good restaurant in the city. Prima was great! i have been there a few times now and both times have been amazing. We went on a Saturday night about 8:30 and it was nice to see a slower restaurant. The service was amazing and the food was also great! My dad had the sirloin and he is very picky about his steak and said it was the top 5 meals he has eaten. We will be going back soon!