“Just like being in France”
Review of Pierre's Bistro - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Penn Avenue
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife & I have enjoyed many meals at Pierre's the last few years. She loves the salmon, I love the duck. Also the wine list is great, and the specials are always good too. Have the creme brule for dessert.

Peirre is from France, and some of his dishes are better than we had in Paris last fall.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

This was our second visit to Pierre's and once again were not disappointed. We had a table of ten and the service was exceptional. We tried most of the menu and everyone was pleased with their order. The escargot were fabulous as was the walleye. My daughter finished her meal with the creme brulee and deemed it fabulous. The owner Pierre was at the bar and was very engaging. This is a gem of a place.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I will never return to Pierre's Bistro. The food was fine, but the customer service was horrific. I had a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate that I presented upon being seated and not told that they accept cash only. When the bill came, they refused to allow me to pay with a credit card despite the fact that I only had $39 in cash and was unable to pay the total. They refused to split the check with my friend so I could pay my portion in cash. Their solution was for me to leave my credit card with them, go to the nearest cash machine and return to pay my bill. I have never been treated so disrespectfully in a restaurant. The manager stated that this was the strict policy of the owner. Very poor taste and customer service. I will not be back.

1  Thank Optomistic1234
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We ate favorites . . . Apple-fennel salad and wonderful lamb chops . . . With a huge slab of perfectly seared ahi tuna . . . Pears for dessert. Pierre satisfies!

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Pierre's is the ideal / idyllic French bistro that you'd want in your neighborhood. Food is consistently excellent, appealing French wines and others ($26-44/bottle plus glasses), informal but attentive service --- truly a gem.

Here are "our favorites" currently on the menu:

Mushroom tart --- flaky pastry surrounding beautiful mushrooms "to die for"

Steamed mussels --- either as appetizer / main dish

Apple strawberry salad with fennel, blue cheese dressing [unbelievable]

Salmon olive --- with calamatas and spinach (not "traditionally" French, perhaps)

Roasted duck