“Great steaks & service, average other stuff”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,816 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Minneapolis, MN serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great steaks & service, average other stuff”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Loved the steak. The way it is served on the hot plate with the butter on it is amazing. I had the ribeye, partner had filet mignon. I don't think I've ever had a better steak, but I'm not exactly a steak house connosieur (or spelling champion). Our waiter took a lot of time to explain menu options since it was our first visit. For party of 3, we got two combination meals with soup/salad, sides and dessert, plus one extra steak. The baked potato was customized the way we wanted with cheese and potato. The thing was huge and easily was enough for us two gals. If I made it at home, I would've put twice the cheese on, but hey, I'm from Wisconsin! We shared the molten lava chocolate dessert and the banana cream pie dish (or was it coconut?). The chocolate was good, but just nothing amazing. The other I did not care for the carmelized stuff on the crust. It kind of ruined it for me, and smelled kind of weird, but of course we still ate it all! My friends and I decided if we could bottle the smell of the steaks coming out we would. That was absolutely my favorite part of the evening.

• Visited May 2014
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for dining with us and for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
(Wisconsin native, also)

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Ruth's Chris Steak House is Another Name for Excellence”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Ruth's Chris Steak House is Another Name for Excellence. You want a great steak at a great price, go to Ruth's Chris Steak House. Been going there for many years and never disappointed. The service and food were outstanding! It the same anywhere in the country, Ruth Chris is great.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JackGon
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Woodstock, Illinois
“Never a disappointment!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here when in Minneapolis for work and the service and food were outstanding! Had shrimp cocktail for starters, and they were amazing! And I went with the petite filet and side of mushrooms for my main meal, which were also incredible!

RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We're so glad that you loved your dinner! Thanks for coming in!
Lombard, Illinois
“Great Steak. ”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I love Ruth Chris and this one didn't disappoint. The Cowboy Ribeye is my favorite. The host even came and sat and discussed wine which was fun. A great experience.

Thank you so much for dining with us and for the kind words!!
Fargo
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Went here for a 1 wedding anniversary dinner. Service and food were both amazing! After mentioning it was our anniversary not only did they put confetti on our table, they sent over a free dessert and drizzled "1" in chocolate on the plate. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because they have some stiff competition with the Ruth's Chris in Arlington, VA which was the best meal I've ever eaten in my life. This was the second.

• Visited May 2014
RuthsChrisMpls, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks so much for the kind words and for being fans of Ruth's Chris!!