“Best BBQ Sauce I Have Ever Had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rudolphs Bar-B-Que

Rudolphs Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudolphs Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #318 of 1,790 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin Avenue
Description: Rudolphs is the most honored bar-b-que producer in the Twin Cities for over 39 years. Independent and family owned and operated, we have twice won "Best Ribs in America." Our unrivaled ribs are rubbed with spices and slow cooked in our custom pit. Our creamy cole slaw is just as famous as our ribs. However, Rudolphs is more than just ribs and cole slaw. Beef brisket, steak, burgers, hearty sandwiches, flatbreads and pasta make your dining choice difficult (No apologies). Serving an extensive local craft beer selection!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best BBQ Sauce I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having spent most of my life in Minneapolis, I dined at Rudolf's frequently until I moved out of state years ago. This was my first visit back in 10 years, and though the restaurant has been remodeled, the food was as enjoyable as I remember.
I had the beef brisket with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. It was wonderful. Both Rudolf's bbq and cole slaw sauces are the standard to which I compare all others. I have eaten at numerous "Bbq Institutions" throughout the SE U.S., and no others have met that challenge.
By the way, for those out of state: you can order the sauces on the internet. :)

• Visited April 2014

St. Paul/ Minneapolis
“Pretty good Mac and cheese ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Went here just to grab a drink with a friend. After an hour of the happy hour menu staring at me, I decided to try the Mac and cheese appetizer. It was really delicious. I don't know if I would have shared it as an appetizer but it sure tasted good after a beer. They also have a great beer tap selection.

New Hampton, Iowa
“Revisiting Rudolphs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our first trip for ribs was almost 40 years ago.
Every few years we try to make it to this rib joint if we are in the Twin Cities.
We've always felt the food and atmosphere was good.
We had great ribs for two, ice cold beer, and a tremendous chocolate brownie dessert to share.

God willing, we'll be back!

Bob & Brenda

• Visited January 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Always thought it was great till a mouse ran out!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have been coming to Rudolph's for years. Usually take our food to go. We usually get the rib tips with the baked beans and garden salad. Love the sauce. Unfortunately we will not be returning. We came one day for dinner and it was all was good until a mouse ran out, twice! The server accused us of making it up which was even worse. :(

• Visited September 2013
Inverness, Florida
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We have been coming here for years and each time have enjoyed our visit and the food. There were four of us...myself, my wife and two neighbor boys here for one of their birthdays. The kids had a half slab of short ribs each, my wife had the pulled pork and I ordered a full slab of short ribs. Each of us ordered different sides but the quality was consistent....excellent. The meat was cooked with a dry rub but a variety of rib sauces were available if you wanted to go that way. The meat was cooked just right and each bite was delicious. I took half my order home and had it for lunch the next day. It was still great. Our service was quick and efficient. Parking was easy with the lot across the street.

• Visited January 2014