“1st time here....would go back”
Review of Rudolphs Bar-B-Que

Rudolphs Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudolphs Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #274 of 1,858 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin Avenue
Description: Rudolphs is the most honored bar-b-que producer in the Twin Cities for over 39 years. Independent and family owned and operated, we have twice won "Best Ribs in America." Our unrivaled ribs are rubbed with spices and slow cooked in our custom pit. Our creamy cole slaw is just as famous as our ribs. However, Rudolphs is more than just ribs and cole slaw. Beef brisket, steak, burgers, hearty sandwiches, flatbreads and pasta make your dining choice difficult (No apologies). Serving an extensive local craft beer selection!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

1st time here and it was good. No problem parking and got seated right away. I had buffalo wings as an appetizer and they were VERY good.....I then had the brisket platter for dinner. The brisket was very tender and the sauces on the table (there are 3) are all very tasty, so I had to use them all. Overall the food was good and I would definitely go back.

1  Thank richj22

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This restaurant has a great potential for its location. It is a BBQ restaurant not fine dining, OK. But the bill was not accurate, the service very bad and the food was not as hot as expected. Expensive for the kind of food and service. I will not recommend or return.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Came here for a business lunch as I requested good bbq. Ordered rib lets and brisket lunch combo plate. Billets were very large and meaty. Between 3 and 4 inches long and over an inch thick. I really enjoyed the flavorful spice rum. Brisket was soft, juicy, and flavorful, but not really anything special. I wasn't a big fan of the sauces, but they are housemade.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a great experience! On a Friday night at 7PM it was busy, but not crowded. The sidewalk seating outside was full on a beautiful night. We were greeted with a smile and instantly seated in a booth. Plenty of TV's in the bar area but we sat in the back area to enjoy a conversation. Big comfy booths. First observation is the proper use of water. All restaurants should be required to follow the lead of Rudolph's. Small glasses are used instead of the large glasses. A cold craft of water is placed on the table and the waiter filled the glasses only half full. The water was filtered and tasted great. We could fill our glasses as needed. Much less wasted water. The server was awesome. He was friendly, funny and attentive to detail. Our order arrived exactly as we requested. We had a three meat platter (brisket, tips and St. Louis ribs) and the chicken/rib (traditional bbq ribs) combo. We each ordered the standard side salad. Not sure what you get for the $1.50 upgrade larger salad as the salads were large, made with assorted greens, veggies and awesome homemade croutons. The food arrived just a couple minutes after we finished our salads. The baked beans side dish was the star. Pork, beans, bbq sauce and onions. The ribs, chicken and brisket were great. We had a coupon for purchase one meal, get one free, so the price was perfect! The bathrooms are we designed with a common sink area for men and women and individual bathrooms. Two for men and two for women. Parking is in a lot across the street or on the street. Food arrived fast. Food tasted great. Paying for dinner was fast. What else can you ask for? We look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having spent most of my life in Minneapolis, I dined at Rudolf's frequently until I moved out of state years ago. This was my first visit back in 10 years, and though the restaurant has been remodeled, the food was as enjoyable as I remember.
I had the beef brisket with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. It was wonderful. Both Rudolf's bbq and cole slaw sauces are the standard to which I compare all others. I have eaten at numerous "Bbq Institutions" throughout the SE U.S., and no others have met that challenge.
By the way, for those out of state: you can order the sauces on the internet. :)