“Terrific!”
Review of Murray's

Murray's
Reserve with OpenTable
Murray's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,823 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Hennepin Avenue and Nicollet Mall on 6th Street
Description: Established in 1946, our family owned and operated Steakhouse is sure to impress. Priding ourselves on the fine dining and cocktail lounge experience, our delectable menu and professional service will keep you coming back. Located conveniently downtown near all of your favorite theaters, our lunch or happy hour is perfect for any occasion! Come see us today!
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Tonight, we again had a terrific steak dinner at Murray's. We shared the delicious porterhouse --tasty, super-high quality meat that was more than enough for two people (with enough left over for another meal). The garlic toast was, as usual, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. With a salad, rice and drinks, the $100 bill (with tip) was worth every penny for the two of us. We've been coming to Murray's on-and-off for 30 years and have yet to be disappointed in their food or quality service. There's not a better steak anywhere. The new remodeling job that seems to have created a bunch of mini-dining areas is also very attractive, and it cuts down noise.

1  Thank Randy K
There are newer reviews for Murray's

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Murray's is an absolute classic! I hope it never changes. The steak is a masterpiece every time! I would tell any family member or friend who was in town to enjoy a night at Murray's. Great date place!

1  Thank MBcitySanDiego
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My son took me here for a very special dinner, and it was. From the great service, the very nice atmosphere, to the wedge salad and fillet steak this was an experience I will not soon forget. The steak was very tasty and you could cut it with a butter knife. One of the best steaks I have ever had. The wedge salad was tasty and fresh.
I recommend this family steak house to any one looking for a special dinning experience. Thanks Murray's.

1  Thank Craig H
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you are looking for a supper club feel, this is it! The Silver Butter Knife steak was better then ever! They start you with a basket of garlic toast that melts in your mouth and it keeps getting better from there!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were in the mood for a nostalgic evening and were not disappointed on our fist visit to Murray's in about 60 years!. Service was excellent and personable. Food was excellent: my favorite was the roasted beet spinach salad - a classic combination and it was delicious. I asked the waiter to bring my dining companion an extra plate, but he happily suggested they could split it in the kitchen - I thought that was a nice gesture. My steak - the 14oz sirloin - was perfectly cooked and wonderful, though too large to finish. The creamed spinach was also great: all leafy spinach with very little cream - unusual and excellent (most restaurants chop the spinach fine and drown it in a heavy cream sauce).The other reviews are correct: the garlic toast is yummy. This is a pricey restaurant but worth the splurge.

1  Thank 493Ron