“A Favorite Place”
Review of Victor's 1959 Cafe

Victor's 1959 Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Victor's 1959 Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,825 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West 38th Street
Transit: We are on the corner of West 38th Street and Grand Ave South in Minneapolis. Both streets are major bus lines.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Victor's is a food and life experience. Small, neighborhood-type place with graffiti-covered walls AND wonderful Cuban food.

There are newer reviews for Victor's 1959 Cafe

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very authentic food, pleasant staff. I enjoyed comparing what I cook at home with Victor's Ropa Vieja. I think some bread with the meal would be nice.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I could make a meal just out of the rice and beans! The mango pancakes are great. Great food. Great prices! Fun atmosphere! One of our absolute favorites in the Cities!

1  Thank stevenrealife
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just go there, it's delicious. You will likely have to wait for a table but it is definitely worth it. Everything I've had on the menu is outstanding.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The food was good to very good, service was fun, prices were tolerable. The place is a dive, but they don't hide that fact. Graffiti everywhere, even on seat backs -- which concerned me with a light colored shirt. A young woman was standing on her bench to add more to the light fixture near us. I'm not a fan of graffiti -- I consider it destruction of someone's art.
Cramped but fun. Try to not look in the kitchen, which is true in most restaurants, but unavoidable when using the single restroom. Two bonus hairs on our table.
I'm glad its there and would dine again. Would definitely be selective regarding my guests; however, since some would not be as tolerant. Trying to be positive because I found it sort of "dirty fun" with "dirty" being too strong a word...maybe more "slightly cruddy fun."

1  Thank SeasPlaces