“Great, fresh, delicious food!”

French Meadow Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #101 of 1,808 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 26th Street
Transit: The bus lines 4 and 113, stop at our corner, 26th Street and Lyndale Avenue S. For more information, www.metrotransit.org.
Description: Welcome to the first Certified Organic Bakery in the USA! French Meadow began baking organic yeast-free bread in 1985. On the forefront of healthy, organic baking, we opened the popular Uptown cafe in the early 1990's by customer demand, and have been serving healthful gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, local, organic and natural foods ever since. With the growing demand for fresh and innovative food, we were able to expand the cafe in 2013 to include Bluestem Bar, offering full table service, a selection of sustainable wines and local taps, and a private dining room.
Washington, DC
“Great, fresh, delicious food!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I am still dreaming of the beet and pear salad...it was delicious and was hopefully as good for me as it was tasty. I also had the bean and chicken wrap (quesadilla, perhaps)--it was also very good. I ate in their airport location and the place was packed (I now know why). It's not often that I have an airport meal and think 'I can't wait until I fly through there again!'

• Visited October 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Fantastic Brunch!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My mom and I went to brunch at French Meadow Bakery on a recent trip to Minneapolis. The food and atmosphere were fantastic! Service leaves a little to be desired -- I had to chase down our waiter a couple of times, and our food was a little lukewarm on delivery. That said, the Fruit & Nut Pancake more than made up for any shortcomings in service! Delicious!

Visited October 2013
“Great Bread”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Bought a loaf of bread to take home that was amazing. Stayed for lunch with friends. It was a Saturday and quite busy. Food was wonderful, but it is a bit awkward to stand in line, place your order, pick up coffee, but have meal delivered. I missed the "pick up your own coffee" part and ate my whole meal before I realized I hadn't got my latte. I blame myself for this, as there was adequate signage to indicate that this was their routine. All in all, I would definitely go back.

Visited September 2013
Spooner, Wisconsin
“Gluten Free at the fair”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was so glad, as was everyone else, that French Meadow had LOTS of options at the minnesota state fair for celiacs and people with gluten sensitivity. But, in order to enjoy them I guess you had to get there right away in the morning. We got there around noon and they were completely sold out of everything. I'm glad they were popular but hopefully their numbers and the demand this year will give them a kick in the butt and they can be better supplied and ready for the fair next year. Looked bad on their part when they offered and advertised all the goodies they have that are gluten free and they are out of all of them.....not impressed. I got a pre baked goodie that they didn't even bake. It was a pre packaged cookie from the grocery store. Wow.....

• Visited August 2013
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“I never thought I would say this about airport food, but ...”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

...the salad I had at French Meadow was probably the best on the face of this earth.

I had the hot pear and beet salad with organic goat cheese, walnuts, and gargonzola over mixed greens. This is a generous, dinner-size salad, and luscious doesn't come anywhere near describing it. The mere description of this salad tells you this is an upscale place. But its location at the head of Concourse E in Terminal 2 of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport makes it very handy, especially if you are flying US Airways.

The seating is more roomy than most airport cafes and the waitresses actually acted like they enjoy their jobs. They were enthusiastic about the food and helpful with descriptions and service. Presentation of the dishes is quite appealing.

The menu includes some of the usual airport fare -- chicken, turkey, and burger dishes -- but don't waste the opportunity to try some of the more imaginative dishes, like the pear and beet salad. You won't regret it.

• Visited August 2013