“Good food, Good Beer, Good fun!”

Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit
Reserve with OpenTable
Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 1,825 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was visiting family in Minnesota, and dragged them here. My husband and I love German food and saw this restaurant on Man vs Food and were eager to try it while in Minnesota. We had SO much fun! I've never seen my family laugh and smile so much! The atmosphere and entertainment is great, the beer is awesome, and the food was amazing! The portions are so huge, we had a table of 6, and ordered two of the meals for 2, and still had leftovers! We had such a great time!! I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank COgirlinCA
There are newer reviews for Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit

Reviewed 30 January 2014

The food is most comforting in a German sort of way. They get it out fast and hot.The beer selection is fresh and vast, and they also feature an adequate selection of spirits. After dinner we went down stairs and got jiggy with a real nice sounding polka trio who could also do justice to country-western and rock.

1  Thank satrax
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Whenever I visit a new city I always try to search for the perfect schnitzel at German/Austrian restaurants. The Gasthof was recommended by a number of my colleagues for their food, service, and beverage selection. On a very cold Minneapolis night I visited with a couple of my colleagues. I was very pleased with the atmosphere of the restaurant, the decor inside makes you feel like you are in a real Gasthof. There was an accordion player there that night playing a good selection of German drinking songs and he did a great job entertaining our table. The waitress was great, spent time talking to us about the restaurant and the food, joked around, and made us feel welcome. They have a pretty good beer selection, mostly focused on a couple Bavarian brewers. I was very pleased to see you can get your beer in sizes ranging from .5L up to 2L. Now the important part, the schnitzel. I have to admit, I am a schnitzel snob, and I believe in serving schnitzel in its traditional forms when it's labeled with its traditional name. In the case here, I ordered the Wienerschnitzel, which is the simplest of schnitzels, traditionally served plain with a lemon wedge. The restaurant gives you a very generous portion of Schnitzel (and they should considering the heavy price). The schnitzel was prepared to perfection, evenly breaded and cooked, it was delicious. The only thing that threw me off was the egg on top of the schnitzel. Again, I don't mind making modifications to schnitzel serving styles, but I wasn't expecting an egg when ordering the Wienerschnitzel. Eggs are not found on a traditional Wienerschnitzel, but can be found on a Holsteinschnitzel and other variants. Either way, the schnitzel was delicious. A pleasant surprise was the Kartoffelkroketten that was served with the meal. They were awesome, prepared to perfection.
I'll be back to the Gasthof on my next trip, I think the 1 meter sausage challenge, or the Schweinhaxe will be my next choices.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Top 3 Favorite Things

1. Great atmosphere...authentic German food and beer
2. Awesome dance floor, good music and a younger crowd
3. No cover!

1  Thank Claire R
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Have never eaten here but hear the food is pretty great. I love this place for a night out with friends. Oktoberfest is great with well priced beer (be sure to bring your own mug to save money, it's $6 for a half liter, $5 to get a mug) and live music, games, and dancing. Any other weekend is fun too, there's a live polka band in the basement, you'll see all ages and types of people. The DJ that comes on at midnight is great fun too.