“Our Large Groups Invades Dinkytown”
Review of Vescio's

Vescio's
Ranked #452 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Cross street: Fourth Street
Transit: Bus stops are in the Dinkytown area within on block of our restaurant.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

24 family members descended on Vescio's at about 7:30 PM on a recent Saturday night. My nephew (who quite possibly has never eaten at a restaurant before) decided where we would go and what time we would go there. He just didn't bother to make a reservation. I arrived first and found that they weren't expecting a large group. (He said: "Oh, they're that kind of place?" Yikes - was he thinking it was a Sbarro?)

The staff scrambled to take care of us. One cook and one server were ready to go home (rush was over), but they stayed. They set up a couple of tables in an almost empty room for us and everything was ready before half of the group of 24 arrived. Overall, they did a very good job of handling our surprise attack.

That said, not everything was great. Some food came out incredibly fast and others waited a long time to get their food. The pizzas were not what I would expect from a true Italian restaurant - not a good crust and served on cafeteria trays (not that there's anything wrong with that). The pasta dishes were okay, but again, not great. No one raved about the food, but we were hungry, so we ate.

We had a good time because we always have a good time when the family gets together. The lead server was a joy. I'd like to give them better ratings, but the only thing I can give them 5 dots for is "handling a big group without a reservation."

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Omgosh terrible service. Food okay. Pricy for average food. The waitress assigned to our table would not serve us. I'm serious. Another guy helped us but we waited for an hour with reservations. Don't waste your time. A lot better places with better service.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Love the pappa and mamma approach of this place. The food is good Italian home cooking, the service is nice and prompt, the ambience could be upgraded a little bit. But we'll come back anyway.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I discovered Vescio's several years ago. There are very few restaurants I will order Italian food from. This is my first choice in Minneapolis area (I'm sure that are others I haven't discovered) but Vescio's is tried and true. I am half Italian and I always feel like I'm visiting home when I dine here.

Excellent food, I would like to see fresh parmesan added.

Highly recommend for a relaxing, good meal.

JoAnne

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Vecio's isn't a trendy Twin City eatery. It is a warm, family-owned, real live Italian restaurant. I first dined there over 20 years ago, and I've returned every chance travel to MSP gives me to enjoy a great meal. It's affordable and tasty. I love their meatballs and Italian sausage... I can't wait to return, next time it's one of their great chicken dishes.