“Ok Greek food, much better options in Twin Cities”
Review of Kafe 421

Kafe 421
Reserve with OpenTable
Kafe 421 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 1,851 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Cross street: Between 4th & 5th Street
Transit: University of Minnesota area, so bus stops are prevalent
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had dinner here with a group of people. The food was ok but not outstanding. The cafe is relatively small - it's not nearly as expansive as for example Christos or "It's Greek to Me." I'd suggest either of those places as considerably more tasty food that Kafe 421 at about the same price.
There also is a lot of competition for the relatively few parking meters. There is a parking ramp about 3 blocks away.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We visited Kafe 421 on recommendation of a U of M professor. The food was very good, quite a variety. Not only an array of Greek offerings, but a little vegetarian and Mediterranean appeal also.
It is a great place to have lunch on a cold, icy and snowy afternoon. The table by the large picture window offered a feel of being in a small European cafe. The owner also very friendly. Meal so good the first time, we went back the next day for lunch again!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Authentic Greek cuisine from Georgia Sanders owner/chef of this Dinkytown ( U of MN neighborhood) gem! Diverse menu items with great price point with competent wait staff too. Appetizers are all tasty; tomato basil soup and spanakopita for supper tonight hit the spot on cold December night. Wine list OK & fairly priced. Valet parking available most nights.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My son attends the U of M and I was looking for someplace that we would both enjoy for supper. He is a vegetarian, I am a person who really likes good food and wine. We were NOT disappointed!! Although they are highlighted as a Greek restaurant, dont let that scare you away if you are not a Greek "fan". The menu is really varied: great pastas, vegetarian meals, steaks/seafood, and sandwiches. My son had the butternut squash ravioli, and I had the lemon shrimp pasta. Both were outstanding. In addition, the service staff was spot-on, and the atmosphere was warm and inviting (and I like good atmosphere almost as much as I like good food). As a final bonus, we went on a Wed night and the wine was 1/2 price. How can you beat that?? Also, thanks to our waitress for her excellent advice on the wine. I am so glad I read the TA reviews and picked this restaurant--as usual, the TA Advisors, know the best places to go in town.

1  Thank TAmbroz
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The crab cake sandwich and lamb burger are excellent. The service is really good. If you check-in on Facebook, the description says it is a vegan restaurant, but that is not accurate.