“A fun place to eat a hotdog”
Review of Wienery

Wienery
Ranked #534 of 1,853 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Neighbourhood: Cedar-Riverside
Neighbourhood: Cedar-Riverside
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Now this is a dining experience. Wienery is unique. I would visit during the daylight hours as the neighborhood is a bit sketchy (but getting better). The old place has the look of a country diner. The chairs are worn, the old time fountain bar (reminded me of a drug store from the 1950's) is staffed by a very friendly, over worked, man who is quick to get your order and even faster to deliver your food. You can watch the cook in the semi open kitchen make your food. I sat at the counter. Plenry of room. Big window looking onto the street. I had a hotdog. It was excellent. I also had the potato salad. It was just made and tasted awesome. I love how it was served in a coffee cup. The price was low. The menu has many items. You will fit in. The crowd included people in suits to ripped jean shorts and tattoos. I feft very safe and welcomed. There is no place like this anywhere in Minnesota. Enjoy!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The food was ok, nothing special to me. The restaurant is worse than a dive. Broken chairs, broken soda machine, no ice, no bathroom, inmate wrist bands behind the counter, FILTHY. I'm gonna say also that I'm not a snob by any means and will eat pretty much any place whether it's a place with white table clothes or it's connected to a gas station. This one scared me. Only takes cash.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We tried this dive...almost didn't make it in the door mid-afternoon on a Friday. Pretty dingy place, didn't see a bathroom anywhere, and inmate ID bracelets on a board. BUT the food....pretty darn good! My tuna melt was the best I've ever had, fresh hand cut fries, and my husband enjoyed his 'Manhattan' dog. I'd venture there again if we didn't live so far away! (our lunch was $10.50 - yeah, I'm a cheap date!)

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My friend wanted to get a hot dog for lunch. He suggested we try the Wienery in Minneapolis. I will make this review brief. Terrible hot dog. Strange soupy cole slaw. Dirty environment. Filthy menus.
Awful place. Don't do it.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Wienery made my to-eat list after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The homemade fries are delicious; we had ours topped with chili and the signature Coleslaw. The Coleslaw was good, but the chili was quite bland and tasted more like a cafeteria sloppy Joe than chili. We each got a hot dog piled high with toppings, which were good, but pretty standard Vienna beef hot dog with a store-bought poppy seed bun. The best part about this place is the prices. Two of us left stuffed for $16 with tip; I would have totally been a regular in my college years! Wienery is classified as a dive, however, that would give lots of other dives a bad name because this place is a dump; dank, dingy, dirty, and falling apart. Plus, in my opinion, a dive really needs to serve alcohol to help you forget you are in a dive; the Wienery does not serve alcohol. I am glad we went for the experience, but I won't be returning for a second visit. If you go, make sure you have cash and an empty bladder; Wienery does not take credit cards nor have a bathroom.