“Good dogs”

Neighbourhood: Cedar-Riverside
Vancouver, Canada
“Good dogs”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

whenever I travel to the US I have a habit of asking the locals where I can get the best hot dog in town. I love hotdogs, and each city and region does it with their own unique flourish to the simple tube steak. The Wienery was highly reccomended and didn't dissapoint.

We tried the Minneapolis, Warsaw, and California dog. Great selection of sausages to try. The brat with the Warsaw was my favorite.

Make no mistake though. As good as the food is, the place is a dump. I saw the episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives after I ate there. There's a reason they only showed the kitchen. The smell, broken chairs and sticky counter aside, if you like good sausage on a bun, this is the place, or just take it to go.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank BrWayne

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A fun place to eat a hotdog”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Now this is a dining experience. Wienery is unique. I would visit during the daylight hours as the neighborhood is a bit sketchy (but getting better). The old place has the look of a country diner. The chairs are worn, the old time fountain bar (reminded me of a drug store from the 1950's) is staffed by a very friendly, over worked, man who is quick to get your order and even faster to deliver your food. You can watch the cook in the semi open kitchen make your food. I sat at the counter. Plenry of room. Big window looking onto the street. I had a hotdog. It was excellent. I also had the potato salad. It was just made and tasted awesome. I love how it was served in a coffee cup. The price was low. The menu has many items. You will fit in. The crowd included people in suits to ripped jean shorts and tattoos. I feft very safe and welcomed. There is no place like this anywhere in Minnesota. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
Minnesota
“TAKE CASH & GET YOUR SHOTS UPDATED”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The food was ok, nothing special to me. The restaurant is worse than a dive. Broken chairs, broken soda machine, no ice, no bathroom, inmate wrist bands behind the counter, FILTHY. I'm gonna say also that I'm not a snob by any means and will eat pretty much any place whether it's a place with white table clothes or it's connected to a gas station. This one scared me. Only takes cash.

• Visited February 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Place scared me but the food didn't!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We tried this dive...almost didn't make it in the door mid-afternoon on a Friday. Pretty dingy place, didn't see a bathroom anywhere, and inmate ID bracelets on a board. BUT the food....pretty darn good! My tuna melt was the best I've ever had, fresh hand cut fries, and my husband enjoyed his 'Manhattan' dog. I'd venture there again if we didn't live so far away! (our lunch was $10.50 - yeah, I'm a cheap date!)

• Visited January 2014
Minnesota
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My friend wanted to get a hot dog for lunch. He suggested we try the Wienery in Minneapolis. I will make this review brief. Terrible hot dog. Strange soupy cole slaw. Dirty environment. Filthy menus.
Awful place. Don't do it.

• Visited July 2013