“My favorite stop in Minneapolis”

The Local Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is by far my favorite restaurant in Minneapolis so far. I go at least once a month on business and it reliable and consistent. The atmosphere is fantastic. Love the nooks and crannies where tables are located and the music is always fantastic. Happy hour is always great! The food is solid an reliable upscale pub food. I love the chicken curry and Two Gingers chicken sandwich. The service is also helpful and attentive.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a wonderful dining experience. They have an extensive selection of Irish Whiskeys and a very nice menu. I had the roast beef and I had all I could do to not lick the plate! Fantastic ambience as all the woodwork was imported from Ireland and is very old. Staff are super nice and competent as well. We will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We had about 15 teachers out on the town after a conf. They gave us the back room-the Sanctuary- and we had a great time. I had a Fruti Strawberry beer I've never tried before and several of us enjoyed the Guinness. For food, I had the Curry based on other reviews and it brought back good memories of European travels. Others had Shepherds Pie or Walleye. We all agreed it was a fun night. Service was a bit slow at times but she made up for it with kindness and helpful suggestions. I will be back!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Picture it! Downtown Minneapolis on a beautiful late Spring day in the 70's; low humidity and not a cloud in the sky. I know its a rarity in Minnesota! Sitting out on the Nicollet Mall at the Local enjoying a great lunch with equally great service. I had a cup of soup with an apple brie salad that was outstanding. As busy as it was the service was quick and attentive. I wish other restaurants could staff as good! Great spot indoors as well - try it you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

really nice place for lunch or dinner the fish and chips were great, the walleye was great and the
sausage with green potatoes was amazingly good.