“Fall off the wagon at this place - you only live once”

Isles Bun & Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 40 Bakeries in Minneapolis
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 8 September 2013

That this charming cafe / bakery could have anything less than 5 stars is beyond me ( the only negative is likely that the place is so good that the line is occasionally a few minutes long to get your serving of buttery, cinnamony deliciousness that they craft on broad marble pasty making tables before your eyes and purvey under your nose as you walk to the counter and defy any discipline you might harbor. As a one day visitor to MSP I had to go with the house favorite, the Puppy Tails - and long for my next visit(s) so that I can try one of every baked delight next would be the cinnamon bunns - they're enormous and RICH. I'm pleased that I visited in Summer when the outdoor sidewalk cafe tables were available. But the intimate indoor tables spoke to me of warm and fuzzy times for visitors on cold MSP mornings. ENJOY!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I love this place. During summer it is a wonderful place to get coffee and a bun (all of them are good).
They have tables outside and it is one of my favorite places to relax on a Lazy Sunday. They also do take-out and if you want to impress co-workers or pick up a bun for your hunny on a weekend they can package them up for you.
It has a small indoor area with not many places to sit. So, it is hard to dine in during the winter.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

This is the tradition during the Uptown Art Fair. Get to Isle's Bun & Coffee Company for an early start to a day of meandering and shopping. Start with a hot coffee and then indulge in any number of sweet treats. My favorites are the warm caramel rolls and the cinnamon buns. Perfection, especially when shared with a friend.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Great service, nice place to sit outside. If you need a lot of room to spread out with a group, it would be a terrible spot but if you don't mind cozy, it's UNBELIEVABLE. Unlimited frosting. Wow.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

During the summer I am there about 4 days a week to purchase scones which I think is their best product. We have some friends who scoured the Twin Cities as they made a family quest with their kids to find the best cinnamon rolls and went to multiple locations to determine that the Isles is the best. I haven’t made a quest, but I do concur. Whenever I have out of town guests they typically stop here and are never disappointed. (Though the line can be really long on Mothers/Fathers Day and if there is ever a big running event like the Twin Cities marathon.) High quality with low production that you can see being made in the kitchen in front of you. This is one of my secret Twin Cities haunts that I finally decided to share with Trip advisor. Say hi to Kat or Chris when you stop.