“Mediocre food, probably fun for drinking though”

Sally's Saloon & Eatery
Ranked #895 of 1,825 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Neighbourhood: University / Dinkytown
Reviewed 2 July 2012

First of all the service was terrible--HUGE wait for the waitress to come back with anything (she was incredibly inattentive to a part of 8 that had made reservations...). I guess she knew that she was getting the mandatory gratuity for a large party and simply could care less about us. Secondly, the food was mediocre at best. I will say it was very nice to sit outside on a beautiful afternoon though... All in all, I rate the restaurant as sub-par and would never consider returning for any reason. I suppose that this is a bar first and a restaurant a distant second...

There are newer reviews for Sally's Saloon & Eatery

Reviewed 22 June 2011

Not only does poor Sally's have to deal with all the construction on campus, but the Univ of MN parking police - who catch every car that is one minute over a meter with an outrageous ticket of $42 !!! Much easier to say no thanks. I'll be eating somewhere other than Minneapolis next time.

Reviewed 13 December 2009

I was part of a women's volleyball play-off officiating crew that was working a weekend at the University of Minnesota. We were looking for a place to grab a late-night dinner after a match and wanted a place close to our hotel, the Radisson University Hotel, so Sally's appeared to fit our needs, just a few hundred feet from the hotel. Upon entry, it was clear that this place is primarily a bar, so I had rather low expectations for dinner. Frankly, I thought the food was remarkably good. I had a delicious ranch chicken sandwich and was amazed at the quantity of fresh veggies (raw carrots, celery, and broccoli) that I was able to substitute for fries. We stayed for several hours to watch other play-off matches, and the waitstaff continued to serve us water and treat us kindly, even though we were occupying table space and no longer buying food or drinks. I wouldn't suggest that this place is the greatest restaurant in Minneapolis, but I got a good meal for a reasonable price in a convenient location, so it worked for me.

Reviewed 25 January 2009

First off, this is a bar first. There's plenty of choices to eat all around this place. Small selection. Food is average. Don't get the nachos! You'll get mostly shredded lettuce. I had a burger. It was good, but you have pay extra for the french fries. Plus they don't give you that much. The wait staff is friendly but very slow! My wife and I had to wait approx. 30 to 35 minutes just to pay our check. Remember, this is a campus bar not a family eatery.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook