“Bad service”
Review of The News Room

The News Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The News Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,812 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cross street: 10th
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Bad service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Well, for what they want to charge you'd think the service would be better. My finance and I just left the Twins game and walked around downtown and decided to check out some of the eateries, and stumbled upon The News Room. Being a former media personality and, now, a media professor, the name of the restaurant piqued my interest. However, the service was done without a smile, but with an attitude. The waitress was inattentive and unappreciative and she saw the results in her tip. The salad I had was just ok and was weak in the area of quantity--it was a dinner salad, but looked more like an entree salad. I think, from what I could tell, the waitress was on her last few minutes (30 or so) of her shift which may explain her attitude, nevertheless, we were disappointed. I suggest to pass this establishment and get better service and more food for the buck.

• Visited May 2014

Houston, Texas
“Very Accomodating, Great Food, Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a group of 15 people and made a very late reservation. Initially we asked for 6:30 b/c we wanted to watch a hockey game. The hostess gave us that slot. Then we get a call a few minutes later asking if it would be possible to move the reservation to 715. They wanted to ensure that we could not only all sit together but also have a great view of the TVs to watch the game. Most places wouldn't have worked hard to make us happy but they did.

Not to be outdone the food quality and service was way above average. Everything was cooked perfectly and the recommendations were spot on. We were very happy with our experience and will definitely be back next year when we are back in town.

Visited May 2014
“Good coffee. Average desserts. Nice seating. ”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our outdoor seating with another couple for coffee and dessert. The dessert was expensive and average. The coffee was good. I hated their restrooms. You can't tell which is men's and women's because they are marked by little dark signs and at night you can't see them. I hated the setup of the men's. Very little privacy.

So if you want a nice place to sit in a summer evening and visit and maybe have a drink, go. If you want a great dining experience, I wouldn't recommend. Their wait staff was excellent!

Cleveland, Ohio
“Team Dinner”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great food, atmosphere and service for a party of 10! The wait staff guided us thru the menu and we loved the dessert so much we ordered seconds!

Visited April 2014
MSP
“Not so good”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I felt are family was an inconvenience from the moment we sat down at our table. When the food arrived, some parts were ice cold. when we brought it to our waitresses attention, she acted as if that was something that was beyond what could be fixed. I asked if we could at least have our fries warmed. And before she carried our plates away, asked if we could eat the sandwiches off the plate while waiting for the fries. She obliged...let us grab them and eat them without plates or anything (really?? Couldn't you just leave the plate? Take the fries if you need to but let us eat something in the mean time?) Thankfully we asked if we could keep those sandwiches, because the fries showed up about 25 minutes later when everyone else was completely done eating. So...I ate my cold sandwich, ate a few fries when they came, most of my family skipped the warm food when it finally arrived because they nibbled on the cold stuff long enough that they were really just ready to leave. For all of that inconvenience, not even so much as a "I am really sorry", let alone any sort of adjustment to make things right.

Will definitely not be back. Would recommend settling for fast food if there are no other options. Interestingly, all the restaurants that we REALLY were hoping to go to that evening were packed. We ate here because it was not packed....and now we know why.

• Visited April 2014