“Great daily mass ”

Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Daily mass is very quick if you need a mass for lunch. Mass can get very busy on the weekends I usually go elsewhere. Oldest Catholic Church in constant operation within Minneapolis.

Date of experience: May 2017

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

I went into the church while I was waiting to go on a tour. It is beautiful inside & I had some great prayer & reflection time.
CJ San Diego

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 31 January 2015

I have visited here a few times when in the Twin Cities, and while not a Catholic, I come as they have such a unique means of fund raising and that is the selling of the French Canadian pork pies with a lard crust called tourtieres. They have them in the freezer or at least the times I have been there and you just take what you want and leave the money in a jar or can.

The church itself is interesting and part of the early religious history of Minneapolis.

I knew Father Moss I think years ago when he was there and such a delightful person.

It has been a few years since I have visited, but do plan to stop on my next trip to the Cities.

Jim at Maplelag in Minnesota

Date of experience: May 2014
1  Thank Maplelagjames
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The French Canadian church built on the banks of the Mississippi River overlooking St Anthony Falls in 1877 has never been a better place to visit than it is today! It was originally built as a Universalist Church but the French Canadian loggers and trappers purchased it after only a decade. It has been a Roman Catholic Parish Church ever since. It is the very first church in the United States of America that commemorates the the apparition of the Mother of Jesus' appearance to Bernadette Soubirous in 1858 at a grotto in Lourdes, France. The waters from the shrine of Our Lady of lourdes in France have been the site of many hundreds of miraculous healing events in the last century and a half. If you happen to be visiting Minneapolis during the week long Aquatennial Celebrations, you won't want to miss the spectacular Fireworks Show that accompanies the final nights festivities from the front steps of Our Lady of Lourdes. You may even be able to participate in the Taste of Lourdes event that precedes the fireworks show that evening!

Date of experience: July 2014